Green Hell complete survival guide...
Survival: How to Not Die
Early Survival Tips
- Make an axe as soon as you start the game (1 rock + 1 wood stick).
- Build a shelter as soon as you found a clearing, it is the only way to save your game.
- Don't drink unsafe water (even if you're dying of thirst), its way harder to cure dystentry than dehydration.
- Leave out coconut havles in the open so when it rain, it will collect the rainwater (the rainwater is safe and drinkable).
- Use the compass and write down the coordinate of your base so that you can find your way back to your base.
- You can harvest large rock by right clicking it for more option.
- Large item that can't be put into inventory can be put for crafting either by dragging it or right clicking it for more options.
- The magnifying glass on your status bar shows that there are unresolved diseases and wound on your body, it is very useful on telling you that there are leeches in your body.
- If something leads to your death, don't do it again.
- Manage your sanity, keep it above by eating cooked meat, resting in shelter, and standing near a campfire.
- Cut off plants (not banana or palm) and leave the leaves to dry off into usable tinder.
- Don't throw away rotten food, there might be edible grubs that you can find by harvesting rotten food.
- You're not a cow, don't eat leaves.
- If it looks poisonous, it probably is (Congrats on having functional Instinct).
- Watch out for your sanity, Its don't starve tier and can actually spawn monster that will kill you.
- Don't poke the wasp nest, instead throw rock or axe from a distance to collect those delicious honey.
- Remember the small valley shown in developer survival guide? look for it because its the safest place in the entire game.
- Inspecting body while your inventory is open will highlight any disease, especially useful for finding leech.
- Do not fight the jaguar, the meat is not very nutritious and the game hasnt provided the option to make armor out of its fur yet.
- Normal frog = good, Neon frog = bad.
- You get ash and charcoal from burnt out campfire, ash can be used to make a high quality bandage, while charcoal can be eaten to filter out food poisoning or be made into a water filter.
- Medium shelters can only save and demands you to build a bed afterward, but the smaller shelter are not only easier to craft, it provides a little bit of both. The shelter quality might be related to chances of getting a disease when you sleep.
- There are no maps. so like a true survivalist, Draw a map in your head. Try to forage in a circle around your camp rather than in a straight line from your camp. You can get lost very easy.
- Roasted Meat (except snake meat) restore sanity when eaten, you can eat as many and hunt as many to fill up your sanity meter.
- Cheapest way to raise your sanity up is to hunt/fish as many animal as you can (rattlesnake don't count) and roast their meat then eat them as each roasted meat adds 5 sanity and you need to have over 50 sanity to be considered sane.
- If you are in a cave and hears a crackling sound, watch your step as there may be a scorpion lurking.
Anthropologist Guide to the Indigenous people of Amazon
Partially Obselete since periodical attacks are removed and you can only encounter tribal when exploring.
- You can't befriend any of the tribals yet so feel free to go Collombus on them.
- If a tribal sees you and runs away, you better chase after him or he will return to your base in group.
- Use spear to fight off tribal, other weapon will risk you getting in their knife range.
- Take distance between melee tribal, their knife is short but you're more likely to die from bleeding because bandages are rare and banana leaf bandage from the trailer isn't implemented yet.
- Don't charge at tribal if they are also charging, charge is effective on archers since they cant fight back at melee and when they swap their weapon, use this opportunity to shank them.
- Flawed pathfinding AI allows you to cross natural log bridge to lose your tail as enemies cannot use the bridge.
- If you attacked by tribal in group of two and survived, you better move your base as the next one will be in a group of three.
- If you are hungry, butchering human provides meat and bones that can be stewed, eating it raw or roasting it will cause sanity penalty.
- You can safelty kill tribals from distance using bow and arrows which are easy to craft, but you cannot do it with low stamina since drawing bow without skill will take at least half of your stamina.
- Obsidian Spear has the highest damage and can kill tribals in four or less hit.
- Blocking while backing off is the best defense from melee attack.
Includes current recipes and hidden ones. All recipe except for the tribal firestarter can be crafted without needing to be unlocked first, but the crafting skill will slowly unlock more recipes as it increase.
- Stone Blade: Small Stone 2x
- Stick Blade: Small Stick 2x + Small Stone + Rope
- Bone Knife: Bone + Rope
- Obsidian Blade: Obsidian + Small Stone + Rope
- Stone Axe: Wood Stick + Stone blade + Rope; Highest durability since it gets crafting skill bonus twice
- Stone Axe (simple): Wood Stick + Small Stone
- Blade Axe: Wood Stick + Stone blade 3x
- Bone Axe: Wood Stick + Bone 2x + Rope
- Obsidian Axe: Obsidian + Wood Stick + Rope
- Weak Spear: Long Stick
- Stone Spear: Long Stick + Stone blade + Rope
- Bone Spear: Long Stick + Bone + Rope
- Obsidian Spear: Obsidian + Long Stick + Rope
- Four Pronged Spear: Long Stick + Small Stick 2x + Rope
- Bamboo Spear: Bamboo
Other Weapon & Tools
- Coconut bidon (canteen): Drinkable Coconut + Rope
- Bow: Long stick + Rope
- Arrow: 2 Bird feather + Small stick
- Weak Torch: Wood Stick + Rope
- Torch: Wood Stick + Rope + Tree Resin (from white petrified tree)
- Hand Drill: Wood Stick + Small Stick
- Tribal Firestarter: Small Stick 2x + Rope 2x
Medicines & Food
- Leaf Bandage: Molineria leaf
- Ash Dressing: Leaf Bandage + Ash from campfire remains
- Antivenom Bandage: Leaf Bandage + Tobbaco Leaves
Done by right clicking harvestable objects.
- Bone needle (2x): Bone
- Fiber (for tinder): Various herbs including tobbaco
- Small Stones (5x): Large Stone
- Wood Sticks (2x): Long Stick
- Small Sticks (2x): Wood Stick
- Bamboo Sticks (2x): Long Bamboo Stick
- Larva: Rotten vegetatives
- Maggot: Rotten meats
- Stingray Tail: Stingrays
- Feathers: Macaw
The Ultimate Bone Soup (Making Soup in General)
- Create a Small Campfire.
- Drag or put coconut halves (aka. coconut bowl) on one of its two slot.
- Make sure it's filled with water.
- Drag a piece of bone into the bowl.
- Turn on the campfire.
- Wait until it is boiled, then feel free to consume it.
- 1 Coconut canteen full of water.
- Put 2 coconut bown on each side of the campfire for maximum effectiveness.
- Pour the water to each of the bowl.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Use a second coconut canteen if you want to collect the water.
- 1 Bowl of water.
- 1 Purple flowered/heart leaved herb or Tobacco leaves.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- 1 Bowl of water.
- 1 Amara Flower (big bush with red flower).
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Will instead give you more fever because of a bug.
- 1 Bowl of water.
- 1 Cup shaped musroom.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Kill more parasite than if eating the shroom raw.
- 1 Piece of any fresh meat.
- 1 Bowl of water.
- Boil the meat like usual.
- More nutritious but doesnt change sanity like roasted meat, use this to mask the sanity reducing effect of eating insects.
Green Hellbarium: Good & Bad Plants
Guide about plants on this game, i included its common name for my own amusement. The name i put may be inmacurate but the description should be good enough.
- Red Cup Shaped Shroom: Cure Parasite and satiates a little amount of carbs, known as scarlet cup.
- Brown oyster mushroom that glows green at night: Small carbs but is safe, is listed as two different mushroom in the notebook despite of being the same mushroom, commonly known as ghost mushroom.
- Blue tree shroom: My guess it its some kind of mycena (is supposedly psychoactive, no effect in the current build).
- Umbrella shaped shroom: similar shape as above's above, this mushroom is called liberty cap and they are what we commonly refer to as magic shroom due to its psychedelic effect.
- Yellow tomato-looking Fruit (not the actual orange): Good for carbs and hydration. Is called cocona if i am not mistaken, might actually just a wild tomato.
- Cassava (Big brownish whiteish bulb): High carbs, cook/boil it first.
- Heart of Palm (From cutting medium palms): High carbs.
- Palm tree nuts: Alternative source of Fats.
- Banana: Good carbs, can be collected in pods of four to five.
- Brazillian Nut: Found on huge tree, the same tree that has blue mushroom in it.
- That green cassava looking scaly bulb you get from a hole leafed fern: Gives food poisoning regardless, based on info in the wikipedia, you're supposed to dry it out until its scale falls off but I haven't tried it myself.
- The same flower from the same fern that is the above bulb in its blossom form: Also gives you food poisoning regardless. This fern is known as the "monster" plant but more commonly named as swiss cheese plant due to it's holed leaf.
- Banana Leaves: You can also make bandage out of it (But you actually can't yet, but I just want to remind you that the developer intended for you to be able to make banana leaf dressing).
- Molineria leaves: Can be made into bandage, know by its yellow flower, is easier to find by looking for its distinctively shaped leaves.
- Tobacco Leaf: Cure venom if made into bandage or stewed.
- Quassia Amara flower: (looks like cassava plant but has spear shaped flower): used for fever reducing stew. A famous decodition against malaria (once it gets into the game).
- Heart leafed purple flowered herb: Cure venom like tobacco plant but can only be eaten or stewed. Its common name is Plantain Lily or specifically for this peculiar herb: wide brimmed hosta.
- Water Lily Flower: Found on small blue ponds, cure food poisoning.
Heart of Palm & Swiss Cheese Plant
Cassava & Quasi Amara
Cocona & Coconut
Tobbaco & Plantain Lily
Molinera & Banana
Unlisted method of curing diseases, but generally list all of the methods to cure it.
Drains health slowly, and will become infected if not bandaged soon enough.
- Leaf Bandage of any sort would close it, other upgraded bandage will do too.
- Banana Dressing.
Faster health drain than normal bleeding, Will become infected after a short time.
- Leaf Bandage/Banana Dressing (small chance of leaving infection instead)
- Ash Dressing
- Honey Dressing
- Jungle Ants: Placed on the wound
Will reduce sanity, and cause fever if left too long.
- Maggots: Placed on the wound (do not eat)
- Honey Dressing
Will drain your health until the venom is removed, failiure to do so is guranteed to cause death.
- Tobbaco Leaves: Bandaged & Stewed (Bandage removes the venom and the wound over time, while stew removes only the venom, not the wound)
- Plantain Lily (Heart leafed herb): Eaten, Bandaged, & Stewed
Constantly drains sanity until removed, will leave a bandageable wound that can get infected after removing the worm.
- Needles (Bone Needle, Fish Bone, Stingray Tail)
- Sleep in elevated log/bamboo bed to avoid this
Will drain your fatigue rapidly, and makes every action harder to do as long as you have fever.
- Quasi Amara: Stewed (bug cause it to add fever instead)
- A good rest at on good bed
Temporarily reduce your sanity as long as it is presist, but will heal naturally.
- Honey Dressing
Will make you vomit whenever any of your nutrition and hydration is filled more than its half.
- Charcoal: Eaten
- Water Lily Flower: Eaten, better if stewed
Parasites will increase your nutrition uses and can lead to death by starvation.
- Cup mushroom: Eaten, better if stewed
- Umbrella mushroom: Eaten
Amazon Delivery Catalog
For rare missable Items & Unlockable craftables.
- Obsidian: Found of any cavern, highest tool damage, best used to make weapons.
- Ash & Charcoal: Obtained from burnt off campfires.
- Honey: You get that by breaking wasp nest from a distance, adds good amount of sanity.
- Bidon (Modern Canteen): Can be found by following a dirt road with tire marks, one way leads to a runoff jeep with the bidon near the crash, another way leads to jaguar nest. 100 water capacity.
- Machette: Hadn't found one myself, but its in the game tutorial zone.
- Rusty Machette: In some sort of abandoned drug den next to a grill.
- Metal Pot: Also in said drug den.
- Wooden Spoon: Usually found alongisde the metal pot, completely useless to carry around.
- Painkiller: Found on a rundown jeep and the drug den, cure most aliments but is extremely rare.
- Snare Trap: Found around the jungle as one of the native's traps.
- Killer Trap: Found within the drug then, by one of the cocaine plots.
- Fish Trap: Found on the fishing dock.
- Log Bed/Bamboo Log Bed: Found on a cave near a plane crash.
- Hammocks: Found on any tibal huts, not craftable yet.
- Grill Rack: Found in the center of an abandoned drug den.
- Moisture Collector: In the back of the drug den.
- Campfire & Stone Rings: Found on any tribal huts, or most places in the game.
- Smoker: Found on a hostile tribal camp.
- Drying rack: Hasn't found yet.
- Water Filter: On a small fishing hut next to the large river.
- Medium Bamboo Hut: Found on bamboo camp behind the river delta.
- Bamboo Smoker: Found on that same bamboo camp.
- Weapon Rack: On a hostile tribal camp.
Wildlife Conservation Handbook
Below are the list of the native wildlife within the amazon jungle. I will only list and explain all of the animal encountered within the game alongside with startegy on how you can find them.
Mammals are your best source of nutrient and can easily found anywhere within the game, importantly, their meat provides fats alongside with high protein.
- Mouse: Low quality meat; Often caught in small trap or manually if you have the time.
- Jaguar: Medium quality meat; Extremely dangerous, but can be one hit with an obsidian spear.
- Peccary: High quality meat; Best hunt by spear.
- Capybara: Highest quality meat; Best hunt by spear.
Fish are very easy to hunt and fish traps often provided catches, but they do not provide fats when cooked.
- Aronawa: Medium quality meat: found on most ponds.
- Stingray: Medium quality meat: found only on the safe valley pond.
- Piranha: Low quality meat: found everywhere but safe valley pond, can be caught by fish trap.
- Peacock Bass: Low quality meat: found everywhere, can be caught by fish trap.
- Goliath Birdeater Tarantula (yes I know): very low quality meat: Found on the jungle usually nearby giant trees, listen for crackling sound to know if it is near.
- Scorpion: High quality meat: Found inside caverns, and will make crackling sound similar to the tarantula.
- Wasps: Nest can be broken with stone or axes for honey, will give rash if you get too near.
- Jungle Ants: You can try to carefully approach it to collect the ants, but getting too near will give you rashes. The ants itself cannot be eaten in any way and only used to close laceration wounds.
- Maggots: found on dead carcass and harvested from rotten meat, used to treat infections or as a fishing bait.
- Larva: found on dead tree stumps or rotten vegetatives, can be stewed, but mostly used as fishing bait.
- Worms: will inject itself to your body if you sleep in low quality bed, but can inject into you regardless on hard difficulty. You will need to use sharp needles to remove it and bandage the wound.
- Leech: will occasionally latch onto your body and you will have to remove it, annoying but not really that dangerous.
- Green Iguana: Medium quality meat: Can be caught on small traps, but you can run after it as it doesn't move that much fast.
- Macaw: Medium quality meat: Mostly found dead lying on the ground but might be huntable using bow and arrow (not sure about the last part, but someone should definitely try different way to get the macaw, I suck at first person archery soo...).
- Rattlesnake: Low quality meat, found on stationary position and will not move around other than rotating, throw your spear from close quarter.
- Cane Toad: Low quality meat, found hopping around near rivers, can also be caught in small traps.