A step by step guide detailing the process of modding your Host Havoc server.
In order to get yourself ready to add a mod to your server, you must first complete a couple simple tasks. Modding your server begins exactly like modding your client for single player use.
- Step 1: Browse the workshop and find a mod you want. Subscribe to the mod and allow it to download.
- Step 2: Launch Conan Exiles and navigate to the main menu. Once there you will want to click on the "Mods" button.
You should be presented with this screen along with a list of the mod or mods you got from the workshop on the left. Click on a mod to highlight it and click the right arrow button to move it into the selected mods list. Your client should now be ready to run the mod.
Note: Step 2 is not strictly needed at this point, but will save you the trouble of doing it when you try to log onto the server.
Preparing your Server
When you first get your hands on your server, it will not yet be set up to accept or run mods. At this early time, Funcom have yet to simplify this process for us, so we need to do all this ourselves.
- Step 1: Log into your Host Havoc control panel and open the file manager. Click on the + beside the ConanSandbox folder to open it, then just above that click on new folder. In the popup window type "Mods" as the name (without quotation marks) and click OK.
- Step 2: Click on the + beside the Mods folder you just created. Now click on the upload button in the same toolbar where you clicked new folder. You will be given a popup window with several "choose file" buttons and an "upload" button. Go ahead and click on one of the "choose file" buttons now. This will open an explorer window allowing you to navigate to the file you wish to upload.
You will need to navigate to where your mod is installed, the default path for this is: Local Disk (C:)/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content
Within that folder you will need to find a folder labled "440900", it is inside this folder you will find the mods you have downloaded for conan exiles. You will need to open each mod folder and select the .pak file as the file you want to upload. Once you have your .pak file chosen, go ahead and click upload. This will upload the .pak file directly into the Mods folder you created earlier.
- Step 3: Now that you have the mods on the server, you need to instruct it to run the mods. To do this you will need to create a "modlist.txt" file in the mods folder. So with the Mods folder open, click "new file" on the same toolbar as before, and name it "modlist.txt" again without the quotation marks.
Open the modlist.txt file and inside you will need to list each mod name with an asterisk before it.
Each mod needs to be on its own line, and be aware it is case sensitive, so be sure to type it exactly as it is. Once you have populated your list, click save and you are done.
- Step 4: Restart your server and enjoy!
Written by Pernt.