Get a bad dream about locusts eating your flesh? No worries! This guide is the perfect guide for you to survive, thrive and bulk up 5kg!
Other Don't Escape Guides:
- Full Walkthrough (True Ending).
- Day 2 Perfect Heat (Walkthrough).
- Day 3 Perfect Storm (Walkthrough).
- Perfect Defence / Gas Guide.
- Perfect Defense / Cold Guide.
- Perfect Defense / Thugs Guide.
Getting into the House
This is a pretty easy step and 99.9% of players can get at least up to here.
Looting the House
Ok, so you just broke the window with the pipe and are inside the house. Here's what you should do:
- Walk right into the kitchen by clicking on the right side of the screen and going into A passage.
- Grab the keys on the rack next to the refrigerator.
- While you're here you can unlock the door by pressing I and using your keys on the door.
- Move left back to the room with the fire place by clicking on the left side of the screen and going into A passage.
- Put the water sprayer in the chest as it won't be any help at all.
- Unlock the door.
There is nothing really interesting (unless you find a useless stack of random papers and a paperclip interesting) just yet up the stairs so let's move on to other locations.
Going to the Car Crash
So you've put away some useless stuff and are standing in the living room with the fireplace.
- Walk out the unlocked door.
- Take the path downhill.
- Take the path downhill again.
- Take the road east and go to the roadblock.
You'll see a couple of corpses, a wrecked car and a wrench. You will not end up like them, so stay strong!
- Grab the adjustable wrench (it's the red thing on the ground).
- Click on the dead guy on the left and get a remote controller. The guy on the right has a note with some plot stuff. You can click on him too if you wish.
- Use your wrench on the car. You'll inspect the car. Spend those 15 minutes, you're going to be set for life if you do!
- Use your wrench on the car. You'll remove the ignition coil from the car. Spend those 45 minutes, you won't regret it!
There's an interesting car wreck in the distance but don't go there yet, we aren't equipped for it.
- There's a dead bug next to the left dead guy, grab A dead insect.
- We're done here! Let's move on!
Going to the Bridge
So you should be standing at the car crash with a dead insect, an ignition coil, a remote controller, a broken hammer and a wrench.
- Click on the bottom right of the screen to move to a destroyed (not for long) bridge
- Click on the shovel that is on the back of the wrecked truck. It will break but you will get something infinitely better than a shovel, a wooden handle.
- Use the wrench in your inventory to remove a wheel from the truck. We'll need that to fix our own car and zoom down this bridge later. It will take 15 minutes but it is definitely worth it.
- Use the handle on the broken hammer to repair it.
- Click on the ravine to spend 4 minutes to cross it.
- Take the road west to the gas station.
You're shaping up to be the bane of all insects. Keep it up!
Going to the Gas Station
You're now at the gas station.
- Enter the brown door gas station shop.
- Grab the hunting rifle on the floor.
- Grab the crowbar. Spend those 5 minutes!
- Grab the red gas canister.
- Look in the trinket stand and grab the lighter. You'll need it for future days and it's not heavy at all.
- Move right into the second half of the store.
- Click on the black mesh window and grab the mesh. It will protect you from the insects. Take just one because you can't carry everything at once.
- Exit the store.
- Head to the parking lot.
- Use the fuel canister on the fuel valves.
- Use the wrench on the fuel valves.
- Grab the now full gas canister.
- Go back to the gas station.
There's still much more to take but we need to offload the stuff we already have. So let's head home. Take the road east and head to the house on the hill.
Going to the Wreck
So right now, you're home. There's plenty to do here to turn it into an impenetrable fortress against the insect menace.
- Head into the barn.
- Spend 15 minutes to inspect the car.
- Pour the fuel into the car.
- Spend 15 minutes to fix the ignition coil.
- Spend the 15 minutes to fix the wheel onto the car.
While you're here, store the fuel tank in the back of the car. It's the best place for it, in my opinion.
- Head to the back of the house.
- Use the crowbar on the greenhouse. Those nails are going to be put to great use in fixing the bridge. Do this 3 more times.
- Take all the nails.The wood is useless.
- Head inside the house.
- Go left to the living room.
- Hang the net on the window. We'll secure it later.
- Head back to the barn.
- Enter the car.
Beautiful, isn't it? If you ever need inventory space, you can store things in the trunk. 4 minutes to the crash. Zoom over there.
Looting the Carwreck
You've just exited the car and you see car wrecks in the distance. Head over there.
- Use your crowbar on the truck.
- Enter the pest control truck.
- Click on the leftmost locker and grab the pesticides inside.
- Use your crowbar on the next locker.
- Grab the duct tape and the pesticides.
- Open the next locker. It will be empty.
- Open the next locker and grab the weird device. There's a sticky note too, but since you're reading this guide, you can just look at the picture below.
You should match the bug with the frequency chart. You can do this by right-clicking on the bug in your inventory.
This is my bug. As you can see my bug is a 430kHz bug. This may be different for you, so look carefully and don't forget to note it down!
Head back to the car and drive to the bridge! We're going to dedicate this bridge the future triumph of mankind over insectkind.
It's time. Rebuild the bridge.
- Use your hammer on the stack of planks. Do it again.
- The bridge is now fully operational.
Drive over it and go to the gas station.
Looting the Gas Station
We're at the gas station with an amazing vehicle. Grab your empty fuel canister from the back of your car.
- Head over to the parking lot and fill up the gas canister. Do this by using the canister on the fuel valves and then using your wrench on the fuel valves.
- Put your canister in the back of the car and head to the grey side of the gas station shop.
There's a whole bunch of things to grab and bring to your house so take as many trips as it takes back and forth from your car to put it all in the back. You should end up with all the following items stored:
- 3 x metal bars.
- 3 x plastic wrap.
- 2 x window net.
- 1 x bag of charcoal.
- A full gas canister.
It's time to head back home and prepare. Enter the car and head home.
Preparing for the Bugs
You are now in the barn with the car.
- Take out the fuel canister and fill up the emergency power generator.
- Click on it and set it to water pump and pull the cord 3 times.
- Use two cans of pesticides on the inlet. Maximum killing power!
- Use your duct tape on the pipe.
- Click on the irrigation control system and an interface will pop up
- Click on overnight spray irrigation.
- Click on the centre four squares in the active sprinklers section.
With the extermination system at peak performance it is time to reinforce our defences.
- First just put your empty fuel canister back in the car. It's where it belongs.
- Head to the front of the house
- Drop the sonic repellent device.
- Use the remote controller on the sonic repellent device. Set it to the correct frequency for your bug. See the Looting the carwreck section for how to identify your bug. My bug is a 430 kHz bug so I will set it as such.
Head back to the barn and get all your stuff except the fuel canister into the living room chest. You will not need it today, but you will for other days. This will take multiple trips.
- Grab your window nets out of the chest.
- Use your duct tape on the front window with a net. This will take 20 minutes and is essential.
- Head upstairs and put a net on the window and use duct tape on it. This will take 20 minutes.
- Head left and use the last net on the window in the bathroom and use duct tape on it. This will take 20 minutes.
- Head downstairs and close and lock the door using keys.
- Head into the kitchen and close and lock the door using keys.
- Head back into the living room.
We are done. Our house is now an impenetrable fortress against the insect menace and we have a mode of transportation that will allow us to not even consider the time limit anymore. Equip yourself with your rifle and place your faith in the immortal god emperor. Here is what your future success will look like.
Inventory space is precious so here is a list of useless item you can throw away now that the bug day is over.
- Remote controller.
- The sonic device after you survive the night.
- The huge dead insect.
- The sticky note with the frequencies.