Get a bad dream about the sun melting your flesh? No worries! This guide is the perfect guide for you to survive, thrive and bulk up 5kg!
Other Don’t Escape Guides:
- Full Walkthrough (True Ending).
- Day 1 Perfect Locusts (Walkthrough).
- Day 3 Perfect Storm (Walkthrough).
- Perfect Defence / Gas Guide.
- Perfect Defense / Cold Guide.
- Perfect Defense / Thugs Guide.
This guide assumes you did day 1 perfectly, have a functional car and made a bridge over the ravine.
Some helicopter crashed into your house and you notice the open ceiling hatch.
- Climb up into the attic.
- Grab the white extension cord on the floor.
- Head left and meet Cate.
Make sure to go through all the dialogue options to unlock the two new locations on your map.
While you are here, grab the red screwdriver on top of the cardboard box. You’ll definitely need that.
Head down into the living room and make sure to grab all the relevant stuff for this day. I’ve attached a picture that demonstrates what you need.
Head over to the barn and hop in the car. You should have a full gas tank in the back if you did day 1 perfectly.
Let’s drive to the roadblock!
Heading to Our New Base of Operations
So you just hopped out of the car. You should notice the tire tracks left of the blue car.
Click on those and have a nice chat with Cate. You can drive there now so hop back in the car and drive over there!
A Hole in the Ground
You just hopped out of the car and are greeted by an RV, a hole and a couple of corpses.Avoid your natural revulsion and follow the steps below:
- Use your wrench on the hook in the back.
- Use your extension cord on the electrical socket near the door on the RV.
- Open the door and head inside the RV.
- Grab the 2 bottles of water.
- Open the medkit and grab the bandage and the thermal blanket inside it.
- Search both closets and grab the coats. You definitely don’t need those because they are used for a day 2 cold so you can drop those.
- Search the drivers seat and inspect the RV.
- Exit the RV.
- Grab the full duel can from the back of your car and fill up the RV.
- Enter the RV.
- Click on the driver’s seat to start the RV.
- Exit the RV.
Nice, we have a fully powered immobile airconditioning powersupply unit. Let’s zoom over to the gas station.
Filling up the Car
While you’re here on the way to a more important objective, just grab the fuel canister and fill it up and place it in the back of your car. Now that your canister is full, hop in the car and zoom over to the restaurant.
So you just hopped out of the car. It is now time to meet Cody a 12 year old Shaggy.
Head into the restaurant, talk to Cody and go through all dialogue options. Head out of the restaurant and go to the back of the restaurant by clicking on the left side of the screen.
- Use your pipe on the rope clamp release mechanism that is located on the flagpole.
- Click the rope clamp release mechanism again. The pipe will lower.
- Click on the rope and grab the rope and restaurant flag.
- Use your hook on the rope.
- Click on the green trash container and realise you’re a BETA.
- Talk to Catherine and select the dialogue option to help your push the trash container.
- Hop through the window.
You are now inside the kitchen with 75% of all the equipment you need to survive the night.
- Grab the portable air conditioner unit that is next to the stove.
- Grab the can of meat that is on the 2nd shelf.
- Open all cupboards.
- Use your crowbar on the last cupboard to open it and grab the kitchen knife. You don’t need it though so you should drop it.
- Use your screwdriver on the can of meat to open it.
You would notice that there are bottles of water inside the fridge but we’ll come back to those later. Head out the door and say you’re a wizard!
- Give the opened can of meat to Cody. He is now part of your Mystery Inc.
- Head back to the kitchen and grab the two water bottles by using your crowbar on the fridge.
- Give a bottle to Cate and Cody.
- Head out of the kitchen and return to the car.
Zoom off to ruined house to get the last member of your gang.
You just exited the car and see a sad person of color crying outside a garage.
- Try to enter his house and get yelled at.
- Talk to Barry and go through all the dialogue options.
- Talk to Cate and have her distract him.
- Enter his house and see his dead wife
- Click on her to grab her locket
- Rightclick the locket in your inventory
- Left click it until the note opens and read it
- Head out and use the locket on Barry
- He will get mad but calm down in a while.
- Talk about the burial
- Take the spade that Barry showed you.
- Grab the white sheet on the sofa
- Use the sheet on the dead woman
- Click on the mummy and take her outside.
- Use your shovel on the ground to dig a hole.
- Go back and talk to barry about the burial.
- Go back into the house and grab the fan on the floor.
- Use your Screwdriver on the fan to fix it.
Your inventory may be full so feel free to use the back of your car for storage. Go back into the house and open the closet and grab the warm coats. You won’t need them so feel free to drop them. Grab the big blue blanket on the sofa because it may be useful in future days. Head back to the car but don’t hop in yet. Talk to Barry about the fuel usage and fix the car. It is definitely worth the time. Give him a bottle of water for his efforts and to let him survive the heat. Zoom over to the gas station because you may be low on fuel.
So you just exited your car at the gas station. Fuel it up by using a fuel gas canister on the car and refill the gas canister so you have a fully fuelled car and gas canister.
To do this, simply go to the parking lot, use your canister on the valves and use your wrench on the valves to fill it up. Grab the full gas canister and put it in the back of the car. That’s where it belongs. Zoom off to your hideyhole located at the RV.
Preparing for the Sun’s Wrath
So you just exited your car with a vast array of cooling equipment. It’s time to get to work. Grab your three heat absorber tiles, your thermal blanket, your fan and your rope with a hook from the car.
- Use your rope with a hook on the rock formation behind the hole.
- Click on the extension cord that you should have plugged in from an earlier part of the guide and click on the hole to put it in.
- They’ll all remark how cold it is in the cave which should give you an idea of the effectiveness of this location.
- Use the portable air conditioner in your inventory on the hole from the inside of the cave. This will let the outflow to exit the cave.
- Click on the air conditioner’s plug and plug it into the extension cord. You should hear a nice whirring sound signifying the AC unit is on.
- Climb back out and use the thermal blanket on the hole. It’s a bit fiddly, but you can climb back in the hole by clicking to the right of the thermal blanket which should say A cave. Do not remove anything from the hole by accident.
- Climb back in and plug the fan back in the extension cord. The fan will start whirring too.
- Use your crowbar on all tiles to activate them and then drop them onto the floor to cool the cave further.
- Stand in the dark side of the cave and select your water bottle to take with you against the sun.
With your squad fully assembled and prepared, nothing will stop you. Here is what your success will look like.
Recommended for You
- Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland – Perfect Defense / Cold Guide
- Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland – Day 3 Perfect Storm (Walkthrough)
- Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland – Day 1 Perfect Locusts (Walkthrough)
- Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland – Full Walkthrough (True Ending)
- Don’t Escape: 4 Days in a Wasteland – Perfect Defence / Gas Guide