This is a guide on how to work out how much XP you have left to complete the Battle Pass and how to work out how long it will take you to reach the level cap.
I wanted to work out how long it would take me to reach level cap for the Realm Royale battle pass and so I worked out some equations to do that. I then decided that I would make a guide for other people to be able to do the same also. I hope you will find this useful. I will also try and edit and keep this up to date when needed.
The XP Curve
From watching my own levelling and getting information from a friend that is in a different level range. I have worked out that there is no increase to the curve for level XP i.e. The raise in XP required to level is a constant rate. This increase however stops at level 39.
With knowing this and knowing that level 1 starts at 1,000 XP and the constant gain rate being 400 XP and stopping at the XP plateau of 16,200 XP i.e. level 2 = 1,400 XP, level 3 = 1,800 XP ... level 39 = 16,200 XP, level 40 = 16,200 XP, etc. we can work out each levels required XP.
Level 1 to 50
So the total XP required to reach level 50 is now easy to work out with that being 497,400 XP. Knowing this, we can work out that if you complete all 3 daily quests (7,200 XP) for 69.09 days you will reach the level cap of 50. This time is of course not counting other XP from matches like kills, placement, etc. So the time to reach 50 will be much lower then that.
Remaining XP Needed (RemainingXP)
Working out RemainingXP is simple. Using the XP list below and a Sum Calculator we can get our RemainingXP fast. Just copy from your level to the end and paste it into the sum calculator website and click [Calculate] to get the RemainingXP.
Working Out An Average (AvgXP)
After we know the RemainingXP we need to work out our AvgXP. We can do this two ways:
- Play games and note down the Battle Pass XP (Do not add the Class XP) you gained in the post game screen (subtracting any XP you gained from daily quests) and make an average from that (more games the better).
- Use Realm Tracker to work it out from games that have already played (This is a little less accurate).
Skip to the next section if you are doing the first way to make your average.
Okay with the Realm Tracker path we need to know what we get XP for and how much.
- TimeXP = 20 XP for every minute you're alive (Calculated by seconds and then rounded down).
- PlacementXP = 1st = 200 XP, 2nd = 150 XP, 3rd = 100 XP 4th-100th = 0 XP.
- FirstKillXP = 100 XP
- KillXP = 20 XP.
- BPBonus = 50% = 1.5
To work out our TimeXP we can just round to the nearest minute:
- TimeXP = 17 * 20 = 340 XP
Or if you want to be more accurate you can use this equation:
- TimeXP (Rounded down) = (Minutes * 60 + Seconds) / 60 * 20
An example of 17m 11s :- (17 * 60 + 11) / 60 * 20 = 343.6666~ = 343 XP
Note: Times listed on Realm Tracker will be off then from the real match time as it counts some load time and time spent on the zeppelin. This is why this method is less accurate.
Once we have our TimeXP worked out we just need to follow this equation:
- MatchXP = (TimeXP + PlacementXP + FirstKillXP + KillXP * (Kills - 1)) * BPBonus
Here are two examples:
- Game time = 17m 11s, placement = 1st, kills = 8
- (343 + 200 + 100 + 20 * (8 - 1)) * 1.5 = 1174.5 = 1174 XP
- Game time = 18m 45s, placement = 3rd, kills = 4
- (375 + 100 + 100 + 20 * (4 - 1)) * 1.5 = 952.5 = 952 XP
If we were unable to kill anyone in a match we need to change the equation a little:
- MatchXP = (TimeXP + PlacementXP) * BPBonus
Another two examples:
- Game time = 5m 20s, placement = 40th, kills = 0
- (106 + 0) * 1.5 = 159 XP
- Game time = 16m 13s, placement = 3rd, kills = 0
- (324 + 100) * 1.5 = 636 XP
Once you have worked out enough MatchXPs (the more the better) make an average from them and move on to the next section.
Note: If you do not have the purchased Battle Pass just remove the " * BPBonus " part from the equation.
Last Bits We Need (CurrentXP, MatchesPerDay and DailyXP)
We just need three more small details CurrentXP, MatchesPerDay and DailyXP.
- CurrentXP is the XP we have already gained for the level we are currently on.
- MatchesPerDay is how many games we might play in a day.
- DailyXP = 7,200 XP, 3 quests of 2,400 XP per quest.
Days To Reach Level 50
Now that we have worked out RemainingXP, AvgXP, CurrentXP, MatchesPerDay and DailyXP we can get to that main point for this guide.
Days = (RemainingXP - CurrentXP) / (AvgXP * MatchesPerDay + DailyXP).
An example for level 21:- (401,400 - 7,540) / (900 * 5 + 7,200) = 33.66 days
And there we have it. If this example player keeps playing with an average of 900 XP a game at 5 games per day they will reach level 50 in 34 days.
In this section I will talk about other things you could do or answer questions people might have that are important.
What if there is a double or triple XP time period.
What we can do to account for this is to add some new equations to the mix.
- EventXP = (AvgXP * BonusMultiplier * MatchesPerDay + DailyXP) * EventLength
- Now our old main equation will be changed to this.
- Days = (RemainingXP - EventXP - CurrentXP) / (AvgXP * MatchesPerDay + DailyXP) + EventLength
So using our example of a level 21 player and we will use double XP over a period of 3 days:
- BonusMultiplier = 2
- EventLength = 3
- (900 * 2 * 5 + 7,200) * 3 = 48,600 XP
- (352,800 - 48,600 - 7540) / (900 * 5 + 7,200) + 3 = 32.51 days
As we can see with the example playing the same over a double XP event has reduced the time needed to reach level 50 by 1 day.
What if I only want to work out to a desired level and not the level cap.
So you are just wanting to know how much you need to play to get that skin you're looking for. To do this is pretty simple. Instead of calculating the RemainingXP by summing up the XP from your level all the way to cap we will stop at your desired level.
Our RemainingXP will now be the sum of XP from x to y - 1. So x = your level and y = desired level. So we will use our level 21 example player again and they would like to reach level 40.
x = 21 and y = 40 - 1 (i.e. sum of XP from 21 to 39). This will make our RemainingXP = 239,400 XP
Now you can carry on with the rest of the guide after the RemainingXP section.