This is a short guide listing locations and equipment / bait combos for catching each species from the Amazon River DLC.
Each section lists the range of sizes of hooks I used, baits, locations, and any extra notes. I hope this quick reference guide is useful in helping you find and catch everything lurking in the Amazon River. Thank you and enjoy!
- Hook: 2 – 2/0
- Bait: Leech, red worm
- Location: Near 7
Notes: This was the hardest one for me to find. Caught four in a row once I found a group near 7, but didn’t find them anywhere else. Description says they prefer deep, shaded, muddy sections of rivers.
- Hook: 2-3/0
- Bait: Maggot, dragonfly, leech, cutbait small
- Lure: Wobbler – twitch, soft bait – straight (2-3)
- Location: 2, 5
- Hook: 1-2/0
- Bait: Dragonfly
- Location: 2, east of 6
- Hook: 4 – 4/0
- Bait: Bread, grasshopper, red worm, maggot.
- Lure: Fly – OKENA – wet – lift & drop.
- Location: 4, 5, 10
- Hook: 4 – 1/0
- Bait: Bread, grasshopper, fly, maggot
- Lure: Fly – OKENA Fly EE-B – Wet – Twitch
- Location: 6
- Hook: 4 – 1/0
- Bait: Cutbait small, live bait
- Location: 6, 12
- Hook: 1 – 5/0
- Bait: Red worm, maggot
- Lure: Soft bait – twitching
- Location: 3, 10
- Hook: 2 – 4/0
- Bait: Artificial egg, cutbait small, leech
- Location: 3, 7. All over really. Caught plenty of these when searching for the eel.
- Feeder: Gingerbread – herbal
- Hook: 3/0 – 12/0
- Bait: Live Bait
- Lure: DEEPX Ocean soft baits – twitch/straight (2-3). Wobbler – twitch/straight (2).
- Location: 1 and take the boat a short distance straight ahead to a group of gar. 13 Boat to groups with large fish. You can see gar swimming near the surface. Most fish on radar around 10/0 are gar – they are everywhere .
- Hook: 1 – 12/0
- Bait: Cutbait small, leech, live bait
- Location: 6, 10 – take the boat to the right and to the first group with larger fish.
- Feeder: smelly fish
- Hook: 2/0 – 6/0
- Bait: Natural egg, leech
- Location: 12
- Hook: 11/0 – 12/0
- Bait: Trolling with feeder rod, live bait, and bloody salmon.
- Lure: DEEPX Ocean P4H – Twitching/Straight (2).
- Location: Easiest location is between 13 and the edge of the map. Sometimes there are very large ones out there.
Notes: When fishing the 11/0 group closer to the middle of the map I switched the time to 21:30 – this made the water easier to see through. Look for their bright red backside. When I found them there were four near each other. They looped the same small area until I caught them. When fishing the 12/0 group near location 13 I had the time at 19:00 and successfully trolled and fished with soft bait.
- Hook: 2 – 1
- Bait: Live bait, leech
- Location: 13 Go directly forward on boat to first group of fish.
Recommended for You
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator – Greenland DLC Guide
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator – Kariba Dam DLC Guide
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator – Tackle Guide for Saint Zeno’s Lake
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator – Moraine Lake Lure Fishing Guide (DLC)
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator – All Fish Locations and How to Catch Them (Japan DLC)