More Nioh 2 Guides:
- How to Activate Yokai Shift.
- All Kodama Locations.
- Soul Cores Guide.
- Blacksmith FAQ.
- Combat Guide.
- PS4 Controls.
Sudama are special NPCs in Nioh 2. These corrupted Kodama are not naturally aggressive, but are very materialistic. Find and interact with these small spirits to trade items when in-game.
Sudama in Nioh 2
Pronounced "sue-DAH-mah." A Kodama corrupted by the Dark Realm or Twilight is transformed into a uniquiet spirit known as an aratama. Fortunately, the Sudama does not show a predilection for violence, as its original form never bore ill will towards man. Instead, it displays and unusual attachment to all manner of material belongings. If you don't mind relinquishing something you own, toss it to a Sudama and see what happens!
While the Sudama show great interest in human possessions, each one can favor vastly different things. A sudama that receives an item to its liking will demonstrate immense happiness, and has been known to gift its benefactor with a precious item in return. The converse is also true - one who presents a Sudama with something it despises will incur its monumental wrath and invite punishment for their transgression. To lose one's life in this way would sadly and surely be some cosmic joke. As with all other things in life, pranks on a Sudama should be carried out in moderation.
All Sudama Locations in Nioh 2
Find the sudama and trade to receive items:
The Beast Born of Smoke and Flames
- The Sudama is found underground the village that was engulfed with the Dark Realm. The area you'll find is surrounded by two Gaki and a large chest.
The Viper's Sanctum
- The first Sudama can be found behind some boxes where you find the first Scampuss where you'll face a Nure-Onna that's within a mist of the dark realm.
- The second Sudama can be found near the third Kodama shrine where the third dark realm was. From the 3rd Kodama shrine, go east and you'll find it walking around.
The Hidden Monsters of Okehazama
- The first Sudama can be found outside the cave where you face the first Yamanba. From the cave, exit through the left door and turn right. You'll find the Sudama behind some bushes.
- From the Dark Realm where you encounter a One-eyed Oni, there's a path that's surrounded by grass. Follow that path and you'll find the Sudama on the other end.
The Mysterious One Night Castle
- The first Sudama can be found at a dead-end path near the gate of the fort. The location is near the second shrine.
- The second Sudama can be found on the east side of the forest. You'll need to close the floodgate first on the west side, climb down the pit and climb up the ladder that's on the opposite side. You'll see it at the top of the ladder.
The Hollow Fortress
- From the crank that operates the lift of the prison cells, go inside the large room on the right, then check the small room. You'll find the Sudama behind a large chest that is open.
- The second Sudama is found at the bottom of the slope where you encounter the Snowclops. The path leading to that area is near the second Kodama shrine at the castle grounds
- The third Sudama can be found inside an armory near the castle and the house where you obtained the Castle Gate Key.
A Way Out
- From the area where you encounter the moving spotlight, go straight and you'll find a small hut where you'll find a Yamanba inside. Head inside and go out the other door where you'll find the Sudama.
- From the red torii gate of the temple, go straight until you come across a split path. Take the path that's on the right and follow the trees that have glowing mushrooms on it. You'll find the Sudama at the end near a corpse that's lying at the edge of a wooden plank.
Corpses and Ice
- The first Sudama can be found on the second floor of the center building near the second shrine where you face Magara Takamoto.
Bird in a Cage
- From the cave where you encounter the Spider yokai, head outside through the rooftop of a house and go to the courtyard. Check the house on the left side of the area and go around the corner on the right and check the backside. You'll find the Sudama there.
- The second Sudama can be found on the first floor of the castle. Check behind the stairs that are near the room with the spiders. You'll find the Sudama there.
- The Sudama can be found in the west section near the bridge where you encounter Shibata Katsuie. It's inside a broken house on the far left side.
The Frenzied Blaze
- From the second shrine, climb up the ladder of the house to reach the rooftop that's around the corner on the right side. Maneuver your way around the flames and kill the two Dweller that's on top, just before reaching the other side of the rooftop, there's some debris on the left side that you can walk onto. You'll find the Sudama on the rooftop of another house.
- Find the Nurikabe yokai wall which can be found inside a house near the NPC who joins your party. In the section behind the Nurikabe, climb up the ladder and work your way around the rooftops where you'll come across a burning house at the end of the path. Douse yourself with the water inside the large bucket near the side entrance of the burning house then cross the flames to the front entrance of it. Once you're outside, check the right side corner, you'll find the second Sudama there.
- The first Sudama can be found on the rooftop of a tall house where the Gaki and Nure-Onna are. The house is inside the Dark Realm near the starting point.
- (Must kill the source of the Dark Realm first) At the starting point where the Dark Realm was, the second Sudama can be found outside the corner of the house where you encounter an Enki and Gaki. From where you fought the Ippon-Datara in the first Dark Realm, cross the small bridge, go straight, and you'll find the house that has fish and vegetables outside. There's a barn next to it that you can use to get to the back.
- The third Sudama can be found standing by the edge of a broken bridge, the path is behind one of the houses where you opened the large chest that was locked by the force of the Dark Realm.
- The fourth Sudama can be found in the second Dark Realm at the back of the house where the Ippon-Datara was. The Sudama is guarded by a Gaki and is standing by the edge.
An Error in Calculation
- Take the path that's going up towards the upper section of the cave engulfed with the dark realm from the location of the hot spring. Once you enter the first room of the cave, look to your right, you'll find some boxes and you'll see the Sudama behind it.
The Shiftling's Wise Judgement
- Retrace your steps back to the starting area of the main mission: The Mysterious One Night Castle. You'll find the Sudama on the wooden platform where the Kodama was seen fishing during the cutscene. of the main mission.
Learning a Lesson
- From the entrance of the cave after facing the Yoki, go left where you'll encounter three soldiers. Keep going down the path and you'll find the Sudama at the bottom being guarded by a Dweller.