Home » Guides » Lumberjack's Dynasty - Helpful Tips & Tricks
Lumberjack's Dynasty - Helpful Tips & Tricks
May 1, 2020
Helpful Hints & Tips
- Save game often & have multiple saves. This will keep you from having to redo a lot of work.
- The game is EA (Early Access). Be patient & the game will improve with time. But unfortunately there will be bugs - that is just the nature of the beast.
- Many things have not been fully added to the game at this time:
- Livestock - you can buy them, & every morning it will say there is items to collect, but you cannot at this time.
- No cooking or pantry
- Some of the upgrades are very, very hard to complete. Most of these bugs have been reported.
- Limited number of new equipment can be purchased a this time.
- Fish are just "fish", but will be changed to specific types of fish.
- Many of the NPC's will not respond to attempts to talk to them.
- Some NPC's will walk through fences, which you cannot. This usually not an issue, except for some quests where you have to follow the NPC closely. Again bug reported.
- Exiting vehicles can be difficult sometimes. The hit-boxes for many items are large, & block areas, such as roads, or buildings. So just park vehicle (driver side) away from problem areas, & watch for the E prompt to exit.
- Don't leave the tractor or trailer on the log dump pad, else will be sunk in ground next start.
- Don't toss logs in river at any old place - unless you want permanent logs sitting in those areas. Use the designated log dumps.
- Scaffolding can be added to many locations, even inside some of the buildings. So use them to get those tricky "hammers".
- Switching from repair (or upgrading) to any other tool (such as scaffolding) will cause loss of mats, & reset the partially completed sections. Place scaffolding all around then use repair (F2) or upgrade (F3 - or TAB).
- Many "hammer" symbols can be very tricky to find. Some will be on either side of section you are repairing. So if cannot complete a section, then try to find another side to look at it from.
- Also, sometimes just moving back or forth (or even sideways) will trigger the "hammer" to display.
- Many sections you have to jump towards the symbol, & click on it in mid air to complete. Hopefully these will be better located in the future.
- For the above reason may be better to switch controls to "Hold instead of push, when doing these parkour type fixing procedures.
- Watch your inventory of materials so not to waste excessively.
- Not as critical for repairing (F2), as when upgrading (F3 or TAB), but still can be frustrating.
- Each "hammer" takes 2 planks from a skid (thus 50 repairs per skid). Many sections require 4 "hammers" to complete, others take 3. But watch if you are down low, since if you fix 3 of the 4 "hammers", but run out of materials, then the section reverts back to unfinished. And you do NOT receive any materials back.
- And currently there is no way to combine partial skids together.
- Doors often only take 2 hammers, window trim same, some posts & other sections only require 1 hammer. So use these to finish off extra planks.
- Treasure chests have all been empty so far in testing. Most likely not fully added to game yet.
Recommended for You:
You May Also Like: