If your game lags and freezes on your cool PC from 2007, this guide might be useful.
- Open your file explorer.
- Go to the documents.
- Then to My Games => Fallout 76.
- Here we are looking for a file called Fallout76Prefs.ini
- Open it up!
- It might be a little tricky but we need to find this row: iPresentInterval=1 as you can see it equals 1 by default.
- All we need to do is change this value to 0 like so: iPresentInterval=0
- Don't forget to save the file and you're done!
These lines affect the graphics quality but you can also change them if you feel confident enough. Set these values:
- sAntiAliasing=TAA (or 0 for better performance)
- iShadowMapResolution= (2048 or 1024 or 512 the lower value the better performance)
If the result is not satisfying yet there is something else we can do:
- Open the NVIDIA Control Panel (right-click on your desktop and choose it from the menu).
- Click Manage 3D settings.
- Select Program Settings and find the game on the list (if you cant find it just click add and find the folder where your game is installed).
There are several settings that we should change:
- Turn off V-sync.
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1.
- Set Preferred refresh rate to “Highest available”.
- Set Power Management Mode to “Prefer maximum performance”.
- Set Threaded optimization to ON.