[PATCHED] Guide to OP Scout Ship Build
An [outdated] OP Scout ship build in Alpha 0.4.16214. Thankfully the devs patched this baby up!
Simple Build Explanation
How to build the ~4500 (Or ~8990 Kinetic+Energy) damage/shot, ship. (In my case, at lvl 12 with my gear)
What is needed:
- Scout, with Ranger Special perk.
- A railgun, prefferably two, near your level.
- A few augmentation points is a plus. Invest them into Firepower and Expertise.
- Energized boost or teleporter technology.
On a sidenote: Look out for items buffing the Firepower and Expertise stat! The railguns with the “20% extra damage when in sunlight” perk are also fantastic. And the “20% extra damage when standing still” booster, is fantastic too (Credit to @Zhurtek’s).
The Scout is an odd ship in Everspace. It does not like to stay close, even being the fastest and most agile ship. It’s special: “Ranger” actually gives 10% damage buff per 100m.
So what can we do with this tiny little boi? Snipe.
If you simply equip 2x Railguns (so that whenever you overheat on one, you swap to the other) and help yourself with a teleporter or a speed boost tech those few tiny times, when enemies either jump you or (somehow actually survive the onslaught?) and come close, just press 1 or 2 and continue destroying every single ship in your sight.
Just remember to engage your targets as far away as possible for maximum damage boost.
But! That’s not all! What about Augmentation points you say?
Two words: Firepower, Expertise.
- Firepower – is your standard damage buff. (And a big one too!)
- Expertise – Longer range! Even more damage because of scout’s special!?
Me being a lvl 12, I do +265,9% damage (from firepower score 480 (2 points)) and have +42.5% more range (from Expertise 270 (1 point)). Although i have completely blue items with some red’s. Then on top of that I deal +10% damage every 100m.
The railgun (after the ship Expertise buff) has a range of 4987.5 m. I engage them at ~4900m. As much as I can to get the most out of the “Ranger” perk.
This in turn means a rare (blue) railgun shot, with 69 damage (both energy and kinetic), now deals:
- 69 base damage * 265,9% firepower buff = 183.471 damage.
- 183.471 damage after firepower buff * 490% “Ranger” special buff = 899.0079 damage after the ship buffs.
- 899.0079 post ship buff damage * 500% charge damage from the weapon itself = 4495.0395 Total damage per element, per fully charged shot (At 4900m from the target).
- Or 4495.0395*2=8990.079 total damage (Don’t know exactly how kinetic and energy damage is calculated on impact).
While the ship is OP, and i belive will be patched out rather quickly, it is a little bit fun to melt everything. But this “fun” is short-lived, as there really is no challenge to using this ship. So if you came here for the “fun factor”, this is a bad ship for the job.
I would however recomend to try it out, while it is still viable, just for the giggles hahaha. But refrain from using this ship as a main, as you will quickly get bored, prabably.
I think many people have found this build, but did not bother making a guide. I simply made this public so that developers can take a look, and perheaps balance this a bit, as the ship is really not viable with many other weapons,exept maybe pulse lasers? xD
But yeah I can really see how this can quickly get out of hand, as you reach higher levels, equip more red or even legendary items, and even more Augmentation points. Perheaps even one-shotting freighters, or even destroyers?
Suggestions for Even More Damage!
Adding the “20% extra damage when standing still booster”, for even more insanity!