This is a guide for those who can’t stand that annoying light anymore!
How to Turn Helmet Lights Off
- Use/Craft a portable oxigenator on your backpack (late game item) alongside with a small RTG (found as scrap or provided by a mission)
- Craft a Mod for your drill and equip it
- Turn on the portable oxigenator
- Stay away from sources of energy such as teathers
- Dig a hole while using the mod on the drill till you run out of energy
- No more lights and still alive with plenty of oxigen to roam free.
Since the oxigenator draws 1Unit of Power and the RTG provides 1 aswell, it will be balanced. Using a drill with a mod that uses energy will make you dry of energy and since the Oxygenator is still drawing energy it wont refill, at the same time the RTG will keep the oxygenator running so you can roam free and take your time with stuff.
If you need to dig hard surfaces (Usually underground) or crafting stuff, you just turn off the oxygenator and you’ll recover the energy, once you’re done doing whatever needs energy just turn it on again and repeat the process. That way you’ll play whiout any lights. You’re welcome.