So for this guide i’m just going to describe the build order that I am currently running with in 1v1s.
Guide to Wehrmacht
So to start off i’m rolling with Breakthrough Doctrine to give myself the MP40s upgrade for the Grenadiers, I feel like the MP40 upgrade doesn’t take much of their firepower at mid to long range and you can chase off the unupgraded riflemen off the field.
We start out with the Kettenkrad and upgrade with your starting 25 munitions with the communication cables in order to get more resources for capturing territory, I tried using it similar to the COH1 PE but I got little use of it, so lets use it for capping/stalling duties only.
- We build the Infanterie Kompany building in order to deploy x3 Grenadiers.
- 2 of these are gonna be upgraded with the MP40s and we will keep them for merging, sandbag and snare duty.
- The one that is unupgraded is gonna be transferred to a Jager squad as soon as we get to the next building…
Tech-up to Luftwaffe
Once we get enough fuel, we tech up to Luftwaffe Building in order to unlock the Jager Squads and we’re gonna take 2 vehicles from this building: The 221 and the Wirbelwind. This tech up should come around minute 4.
- The unupgraded grenadier will now be transferred to a Jager squad in order to have a better chance to fight upgraded infantry with the G43 upgrade.
- You might also want to pick up the Veterancy upgrade so the Jager has a better time fighting infantry.
- We will also queue up the 221 to deal against infantry, attempting to destroy the enemy Ultra light vehicles (Weasel, Jeep or Dingo) and maybe even chase for a wipe against an infantry squad.
- The enemy will also get a Light Vehicle of their own, so our plan to deal with it its gonna be a Jager Squad equipped with the Panzerschreck upgrade to ward it off.
- You can also get the 221 radio upgrade to see the vehicles through the fog of war and redirect your Pschreck jager to defend.
Once these guys are deployed, we’re gonna work up with the Support Elements to come in, from this we will get the Wirbelwind to keep up against the enemy infantry and force them off the map, Wirbelwind will appear on vet 1 which it will give a mobility boost according to the vet description. this is usually around minute 12 according to my matches that I’ve played so far.
Edit: I was being told that a fast M8 can counter this, so maybe we can switch it up the G43 for the Panzerschreck in order to get AT fast.
Alternatively, you can deploy yourself a Marder to boost your AT capabilities but be wary that it only takes 2 shots to kill from an AT gun or Chaffee, use it carefully behind your grenadiers and Jagers.
Especially Jagers since you can deploy flares for recon.
In addition, if you’re leading on fuel control, you can try to skip towards the Wirbelwind and get more resources to work your way towards Heavy Panzer Korps.
Skipping Panzergrenadier Building, and My Reasoning
I decided to skip the Panzergrenadier building, my reason being is that the Panzergrenadier squad is just complete trash against infantry, the PAK is nice but the handheld Anti-Tank weapons feel busted so we’re coping with just the Jager Squad and the Stug rotation speed is just too hard for me to deal with it, it doesn’t help that you can deploy a Marder TD from the Luftwaffe building.
Instead we are going straight to the Heavy Panzer Korps building to spam the Panzer 4s and try to wrap up the whole game, I feel generalist spam is currently the way to go on late game.
Oh and you got Stosstruppen, in case you get a squad wipe you can bring up this squad to contest against the vetted and upgraded infantry the allies can offer.
Don’t forget the Veterancy upgrade on the Heavy Panzer building!
Why do the Luftwaffe get a Wirble call-in? Is it just for tech skipping? Honestly seems a waste of a doctrinal slot.
It appears that Luftwaffe Battlegroup is gonna be the better pick since you can get the Wirbelwind call in that also includes a Jager squad.
i love your tactic working wonderful i am so glad to tilt the enemy now and destroy and make him quit 😀 thanks mate
Thanks a lot, I showed your Guide my friend and the finally has fun on German Units 🙂