A run down on some things to help you though co-op.
Co-op Guide for New Players
Welcome to Co-op
Co-op is a 3-8 player Game mode where you and your team fight against a Collection of Bots. There are several game modes which can change how you play. The game modes are;
- Checkpoint: Capture and Destroy the Objectives one at a time as you move though the area.
- Hardcore Checkpoint: Its the same as Checkpoint but you have a limited HUD, slower movement and less Supply points.
- Outpost: Hold Your Ground against Waves of Enemies. Gaining Supply points after each wave.
- Survival: Stay on the move and survive until extraction, Secure objective Locations with stashes of random weapons.
- Event Game modes: Events change every now and then, often giving a more of a challenge.
If you are newer to the game I would recommend starting with Checkpoint, as it the simplest, but try what sounds fun.
Its important to remember the following:
- Play the objective: its Quite simple, stay on and near the objective, (if you are Marksman you are somewhat exempt from this, but pay attention to the friendly Icons, if you only see 1 or 2, start booking it over). You can tell an enemy is on the objective in two ways, a Radio call out, and by looking at the Objective Icon at the bottom of your screen, if its flashing, get on to it and try to clear it.
- Try to avoid standing in doorways, and windows, you could not only get yourself killed but also allies.
- You can pick up magazines (or Mags for short) from dead people’s guns provided the gun is similar, Remember that While G36s use the same bullet as an M4 or M16 they use different mags, and AK 47s and 74s have different magazines if its metal, 47 and Orange is 74.
- Grab grenades, C4, IEDS and Rocket Launchers off bodies, never known when you might need one.
- Be Careful with the Items mention previously, you are just as likely to kill an enemy with it as well as yourself or an ally.
- If there is a Commander and with now Observer while your playing rifleman, you should think about change over to Observer you have the same weapons, and you can help call in Amazon delivery Drones and bring in the Brrrt.
Rifleman is the most simple class, you have a collection of Assault Rifles and Battle rifles, while they don’t have anything flashy they are still good overall, I recommend playing it if your new.
Breachers can Run various Sub machine guns, PDWs and Shotguns. But they also get access to C4 and IEDs. Breacher is one of the Fun classes and there are always 2 in a game, so grab an Uzi and slap a drum mag and nothing else and have fun.
Advisor is Rifleman, but with a collection of unique weapons like, MK 17 Mod 0s, SKS, P90s and Vectors to name a few. Two Advisors can be present in a game, and lets you try some fun weapons.
Demo is a very simple class, Explosives you have them. You have access to C4 and IEDs as well as 4 different Rocket launchers (2 single use Launchers and 2 Launchers with Reloads as long as you have the Heavy Carrier). But you can also slap a Grande launcher on you rifles (atleast some). There is only a single Demo in a game, but if you get it, you can run with both C4, IED and a Rocket launcher with a grande launcher, but you wont have much else, but hey you can turn several people into chunky red soup.\
Marksman is the Sniper class, you have access to several Semi-automatic Marksman rifles, 2 Bolt action rifles and 2 Anti-material rifles. There is only one Marksman per game. I would also like you remind you not to hog this class, as a lot of people like to play it, so when map change happens swap over to a different class and let other have their fun. I would also Like to mention 2 things, First the Anti-material rilfes (M82A1 CQB and M99) can rip limbs from bodies and cause your victims to rag doll across the road, and Secondly the M1 Grand can have Rifle grenade.
Gunners use Light Machines Guns (LMGs) and enjoy the sound of tinnitus due to the 100+ rounds they can rip out. Gunner is as simple as Rifleman, but it is probably the funnest. Only one Gunner is available in a game. While it is tempting to only run the MG3 and roleplay a German soldier at D-day, don’t sleep on M249 or the PKM they are quite fun too.
Observer & Commander
Rolling these together because you Commanders don’t work without and Observer. Commanders and Observer/s are very helpful while you can only have one commander you can have 2 Observers. As a commander you can call in different Fire supports, as a Security you can call in two different Helicopters (an Gunship that opens up with a Rocket volley and has High explosive ammo and a Helicopter with Miniguns that can tear through cover) as well as a Gun run from an A10, while the Insurgents can call in a Drone Strike, and a IED drone as well as Chemical mortars. Both sides have access to Artillery strikes with Explosives or Smoke. However you Observers must be within 10 meters (or ~32 feet I think), to call in the supports
- There are ammo boxes scattered about (they are the greyish boxes) they will refill a few magazines and are client side, so don’t worry about others needing them (Note this might get changed in the future)
- Shotguns can run 3 different ammo types, Buckshot (default), Flechettes (Helps against armour) and Slugs (Basically a normal bullet good for some extra range). Flechettes and Slugs do cost 1 supply type.
- Tracers are a Free Upgrade letting you shoot bullets that have a small trail which can let you know where your shots are going, good for LMGs for a laser show.
- Most sights (excluding the 1x sights) will have an alternative mode, such as increasing or decreasing the zoom or swapping to a separate sight.
- Armour isn’t the most useful things in this game. Heavy armour and Light armour generally stop the same amount of shots (but Heavy does a little better against explosives) and you are also slower, but its mostly personal preference.
- Shotguns and bolt actions rifles, don’t spawn with the maximum amount, they can have, go over to a resupply box and grab some extra, also you can load 1 more shell into the shot gun.
- More All of the other guns (expect for the LMGs, shotguns, and the Uzi) can hold 1 extra shot. If you don’t fire all of the rounds in a mag, you keep 1 extra bullet in the chamber of the gun.
- There is a Communication Wheel that allows you to make a few call outs, from a simple yes and no, to pointing out where you saw some enemies and also calling them mean names or insulting their family its also how Commanders can tell their Observer/s to get the ♥♥♥♥ back here to call in some support.
- Play the Tutorial and go to the Range. At the Range you can try out all the guns and the attachments that are on them, but remember that you can’t take explosive launchers unless you are a Demolitions.
- The easiest way to learn the a Map is to look at the map and shadow an other player, or just explore, never know might find a nice hiding spot if you ever want play PVP.