I found it very annoying how no one had made a guide for – all possible rooms, things needed for those rooms, optimal size, while still being able to decorate it! So I figured id make this in case it helps anyone.
Guide to Castle Rooms
All Room Types
All the rooms Currently. possible to build are:
How stairs work
- They must be placed on pre existing ramps, they act as a skin for them.
- Place borders up to the ramp, and then place the stairs from the border flooring.
- They act as a border space so youll need room for it to place them.
Tombs – Medium
Cant be placed on flooring but can be placed on Garden tiles.
- Room Size – Medium / Large
- Grinders – How ever many you need to have speedy brick making.
- Start with one then go to 2-4 if you want – Smallish.
- Sawmills – Again, how ever many, then 2-4 or higher – Large
- Wood Workbench – No reason IMO so far, than needing more than 1 in a room – Medium
- Room Size – Medium / Large!
- Furnace – Start with 1, more if needed, i do 2 and its still slow. – Medium Sized, if many.
- Simple Workbench – Just 1, no need for extra unless you mass produce gear – Smallish.
- Room Size – Small / Large
- Alchemy Station – Probably just one, unless you make a lot of potions. – Medium Size
- Blood Press – If you have a lot of rats or need quick high end blood, 2-4, otherwise just 1 – Small
- Vermin Nests – Depending on server settings, as many as you want! – Huge
- Room Size – Tiny / Huge!
- Only thing in here needed are Servant Coffins – Smallish sleeping spots for your thralls.
- How ever many servants you want, youll need that many coffins, so entirely up to you on size here.
- “Room” Size – Huge!
- If you want lots and lots of plants at your base, and you probably should have lots.
- A nice central courtyard or many small around the castle would be great.
- Separate area for Trees perhaps, or use them as decoration with your benches around the garden – Huge.
- Make sure to have a Well for easy water if you arent near a lake/ river – Medium.
- Room Size – Small / Medium
- Depending on how many prisoners you want, all up to you for size.
- Each blood type on hand would be ideal. So about 6-8.
- Room Size – Large!
- Research bench – Until you have every paper research keep it in there, then as just decor – Tiny
- Study – Fully unlock all scroll research then its just decor Huge!
- Room Size – Large / Huge
- Tannery – However fast you want your animal hide to be converted – Small
- Looms – Probably a few, 1-4 maybe based on how fast you want it. – Medium
- Tailor Station – Used to make cloth apparel only one needed Huge!
- Jewelcrafting Table – 2×2
- Makes Jewels! I assume, not sure how many are needed typically but probably just one?
- Gem Cutting Table – 2×2 – Unsure on that
- Cuts low quality gems into better ones, might need 2 of em