Quick guide on how to configure an existing private game save to a Dedicated Server.
Hosting a Server (Rental Service Providers)
You can alternatively host a server at a Game Server Hosting Provider.
Your server will be started instantly!
File Paths for Reference
Private Save Folder:
Can be accessed using ‘%appdata%..\LocalLow’
- \AppData\LocalLow\Stunlock Studios\VRising\Saves\v1\example-file-name (i.e: a181f3c3-f56b-4bf6-b003-44230d21abd5)
These paths will change depending on your own Steam setup.
Creating the Server save folder:
- Navigate to Server Folder and type ‘cmd’ into the address bar at the top. This will open the directory in command prompt.
- Run ‘VRisingServer.exe -persistentDataPath exampleFolder’ where exampleFolder is the name of the dedicated server save folder. This can be anything.
- Hit Ctrl+C once this runs to close the server. We just need it to create the file path for us.
Migrate private save folder:
- Head into serverFolder\exampleFolder\Saves\v1\privateSaveFolder and copy in your private save file
- Open the copied private save file and change the ServerHostSettings.json ‘Name’ field to match the name of the Dedicated Server
Set Dedicated server to use the correct save folder:
- Go to SettingsFolder\ServerHostSettings.json and change the SaveName field to the name of your privateSaveFolder (i.e: a181f3c3-f56b-4bf6-b003-44230d21abd5)
Take this code, replace the data path with the name you chose, and save this ‘start.bat’ and you can then double click this to run with the persistentDataPath you chose.
@echo off set SteamAppId=1604030 echo "Starting V Rising Dedicated Server - PRESS CTRL-C to exit" @echo on VRisingServer.exe -persistentDataPath .\[replace this with your savefolder name]
VRisingServer.exe -persistentDataPath .\exampleFolderPath