Before you play the Into The Breach game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don't rely on blocking spawns too much, try to kill things.
- You can view enemy turn order and use it to plan your moves.
- You can split your moves and attacks. For instance, move one guy into position, use another much to knock an enemy over, then have the 1st guy attack.
- Always go for rep over power unless you're fucked otherwise. You can always buy power with rep.
- The heal function is an executable action, not a end turn thing. Make sure you actually use the skill.
- Measure twice, cut once. That being said, you can revert units' movement action if they haven't attacked yet. Even if the other squads don't sound appealing or strong on paper, try them out anyway. They're often a lot more fun than you realize. The last island scales to your progress, so don't be too hesitant on attacking it early.
- Mech squads are generally fully capable right out of the gate, but often there's a pilot out there that can make them really shine.
- You don't have to upgrade weapons linearly.
- There's a handful of little interactions that are uncommonly encountered but make logical sense. Heat will melt ice, water will extinguish fire, etc. Contrary to that, however, flying units are still affected by status effects even though it feels like they shouldn't be.
- Boss bugs work identically to your mechs. They can't be drowned, but water will still cancel their attacks. Also, water = acid = lava, the latter two simply also inflict the appropriate status effect to anything standing in them.
- Don't forget to make the fullest use of your resources. Sacrificing mech or even grid health isn't something to be done willy-nilly, but sometimes that's what it comes down to.