Before you play the Days Gone game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- Don’t worry about saving up your consumables. Most items will respawn after a while, so you can Always revisit an area and clean it out again (This includes collecting Nest Residue from previously burned out Freaker Nests).
- Some consumables cannot be picked up, until you have unlocked the recipe that requires it.
- When searching gas stations, remember where the red gas cans are found. They will Always respawn in the same spot.
- Before you start up a generator at a Nero site, check around for red-wired speakers on buildings, and towers. Disable these before you fire up the genny, or else the noise will attract Freakers.
- When exploring, if you hear spooky music start, you’re probably getting close to a Horde. Be careful you don’t stumble into them unprepared.
- Skills that increase the range and duration of your Survival Vision, combined with the skill that outlines enemies, makes finding and stealth killing enemies much easier.
- Different types of enemies will attack each other. Use Distractor devices to lure groups of Freakers into enemy camps, and do your dirty work for you.
- The Skill that allows you to reload while sprinting is very helpful for fighting Hordes. Run and Gun strategies are pretty much the only way to not get overwhelmed.
- Engine and Nitrous upgrades are needed in order to clear large jumps and reach some map locations.