What are sockets and how to use them.
What Are Sockets?
Once you reach Level 20, Purple items (or rarer) can start to drop with sockets.
Items with sockets will have small squares on the upper-right of the item.
How Do I Use Them?
You must first unlock the crafting NPC through the campaign.
Then you will need to unlock the Forging tab through purchasing Fusion in the Tech Tree tab from the crafting NPC. This will cost some Credits and Fate.
Once unlocked, place an item from your inventory into the slot. Available sockets will be shown below the item icon.
If an item has no sockets, you have the option to add one, in exchange for some Credits and 1 Red crafting material.
If an item already has socktes, you still have the option.
The caveat here is that the item hasn’t reached the max number of socket slots.
Max Sockets Per Item
Once you’ve reached the max number of sockets on an item, you cannot add additional slots through the crafting NPC.
Taken from the compendium:
Item / Sockets
- One-Handed weapons / 1-4
- Two-Handed weapons / 1-6
- Armor / 1-6
- Main Implant / 1-3
- Inoculator / 1-3
- Belt / 1-2
Recommended for You
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr – Intro to Psalm Codes and Doctrines
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr – Additional Attribute and Skill Points
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr – Quick Start Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr – Void Crusade Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr – Tech Adept Guide