This guide basically a walkthrough on how to run an Eidolon Teralyst hunt of how to defeat it and how to get more loot from the run.
Kill or Capture and Drop-able Loot
- Kill - Only Sentient Core and Eidolon Shard.
- Capture - Tons of Sentient Core, Eidolon Shard and Brilliant Eidolon Shard.
There will be also mods like 120% impact mods, fatal acceleration, lethal momentum terminal velocity.
Benefits of capturing over killing Eidolon Teralyst
- More loot as I said earlier.
- It won't teleport away after taking out it's limb(Saves time).
- ET shield will only recover half after it being prevented teleport away.
How to the kill Eidolon Teralyst
Eidolon Teralyst spawn location.
There are few phases when you hunt and taking down an Eidolon Teralyst. The first thing you need to do is finding it's spawn location where it will spawn near lake with blue light(Column alike). Simply go to it and mark it(Will help your teammates finding him). After that you need to take down it's shield which only can be take down using operator void beam and AMP(You get mote amp at first and other craftable from Quills Onkko) which is annoying to be honest but it can be quite quick with good AMP and with teammates. In doing this, it will try to attack you with it's powerful attacks although it's attack are really predictable and you can easily avoid all it's attacks with the right move. Void mode(Crouch) renders you from it's attack and also if he stomp the ground with his leg(I guess), you simple need to jump at the right time and you will not be knockback.
Body emits red color indicating it's limb is vulnerable now.
After you finish depleting all it's shield(It's shield still can regenerate if it doesn't take damage after a while), it's body will emits red color indicating you can now damage it by damaging it's limb(4 total) and after destroying one of it's limb(Intact Sentient Core will be drop), it will then retaliate by sending energy spike up to 70m away I think and you have 2 option. Run out of the range or simply switch to operator and enter void mode(Crouch) although do note that if your warframe is in the radius, your warfarme energy will be drain. After this, it will teleport away which it will do 3 times and again you have to find it and like I said earlier. After you find it, you have to repeat the process of depleting it shield, damage it's limb and etc.
Damaging one of it's limb.
Once all 4 limb is destroyed, Eidolon Teralyst will go down and summon Eidolon Teralyst to heal itself. You should kill as many as you can with void beam and AMP. Upon getting up, he will enter new phase and will not regenerate his shield anymore and you can kill it now for real. Once it dies, it will drop Eidolon Shard and mods such as Fatal Accereleration/Lethal Momentum/Terminal Velocity/120% impact mods. Collect your loot and get out.That all for killing it.
Once all 4 limb are destroyed, feel free to nuke him down to ashes.
How to capture the Eidolon Teralyst
This is Eidolon Lure.
This is Eidolon Vomvalyst.
The capturing process basically the same as killing but you need to have charged Eidolon Lure which can be found at Grineer camp. Simply find it, shoot it til all it's EHP depleted and after that simply hack it(Use cipher. Way faster). After that, you can escort it to Eidolon Teralyst location and charged it along the way or at the fight by letting it absord a Eidolon Vomvalyst spectral form or picking it energy orb. Each Eidolon Lure require 3 energy from 3 Vomvalyst to fully charged. I recomend finding 2 Eidolon Lure right away for tons of loots at the end of capturing process. With 1 Eidolon lure, Eidolon Teralyst will drop to the ground and only yielding Eidolon Shard much like killing process so you must have 2 Eidolon Lure anyway. If you have 2 Eidolon Lure. Eidolon Teralyst will be absorbed and yield great amount of Sentient Core, an Eidolon Shard and a Brilliant Eidolon Shard and also mod like earlier. You can bring more Eidolon Lure but honestly it will not serve any purpose. Just make sure to keep the Eidolon Lure alive and presence in the Eidolon Teralyst being capture moment.
Example of good loot from capture.
- All Eidolon Teralyst attacks are predictable and you can easily dodge them using operator void mode while the stomp it make that can knockback you far away to another universe can be avoid if you jump at the right time.
- Chroma Vex Armor is the best buff for your weapons to damage Eidolon Teralyst limb.
- Trinity and Oberon will prove useful for keeping Eidolon Lure alive.
- Loki is good to move the Eidolon Lure faster with his 3rd ability and the augment will can keep Eidolon Lure alive.
- I haven't try Nova Wormhole for the Eidolon Lure but I think it'll work(correct me if I'm wrong).
- Harrow crit buff is definitely is welcome to help more with team DPS especially with Chroma already too good Vex Armor and also his covenant can help the entire team being immune.
- Volt shield(grants 50% electricity and 2x crit damage) can enhance operator damage.