This is spoilers for the side quest, Happy Together.
It involves a character named Barry, It is assigned by two police officers who are standing next to the staircase in front of your Apartment.
The point of this quest is that sometimes you should stick around and listen to the NPCs instead of skipping their dialogue, only selecting options that are highlighted to progress the story, and that sometimes, Optional objectives are worth your time.
If this was the hint you needed, good, take a moment and see if you figured it out.
If not, here is the Quick-Steps version.
- Use any of the options once you reach his door, he will then let you in.
- Sit next to him and talk to him, make sure to use the kindest possible option in the first choice.
- In the second choice, make sure to ask him how Andrew died, he will then reveal that he has a niche in the local equivalent of a graveyard.
- This will take you back to the second choice, choose the kinder option... (Do Not Pick The "Forget About Him" Option)
- Visit Andrew's grave
- After being berated by Johnny, you will then have a new gold dialog option when you speak to the cops who gave the mission, using it will result in them intervening and saving Barry's life.
- Mission Accomplished, Samurai.