Guide to Earn Money
Okay – early on – pick up stuff anywhere and everywhere – there are a number of ways to earn money:
- Go to the prison – buy 3 chains and 5 rope – when fighting outlaws capture them and turn them in for money at the prison.
- Go to the lumbermill just west of stromkapp – open the chest at the top of the screen – get the key to the trapdoor – enter the trap door – find the ‘book of knowledge in the chest – grab it – next – interact with the slaves – just talk to them – exit the downstairs – encounter the slaver outside – talk with them – reach an agreement to sell them refugees – do his task immediately – return with a captured refugee – sell them to the slaver – get money AND wood.
- Complete ‘easy’ bounties in the tavern – when doing the abandoned mine north of stromkapp side with the refugees not the guard
- Find the abandoned tower east of stromkapp – take Claes (blacksmith) to the Haven – give him to the refugees – you’ll get rewards and other ways to earn money – note you’ll have to defeat at least one encounter of guys hunting for Claes.
- As you build up your stuff (to include buying trade goods in stromlapp) make a piton with your tinkerer – as you travel go up the mountain where the companion camp is – pass it towards the top of the mountain going parallel with the road to arthes – set a piton just past the border gate to arthes atop the mountain – go down the piton – take the road to Cortia in arthes – sell your trade goods – then buy more – go back to stromkapp – rinse and repeat to continue to earn money – all the while capturing refugees and selling them in the lumbermill while also capturing outlaws and turning them in as prisoners.
- Just by finding stuff along the roadside or in the mountains you make things with your tinkerer to gain profession experience and then, as needed, sell them for money.
- When you’ve got enough experience as a tinkerer make a Lectern to start gaining knowledge daily.
That’s a good way to start the game – that pattern works on easy, normal, and hard – your first four professions should be 1. tinkerer, 2. thief, 3. blacksmith, and 4. scholar – do not get a cook straightaway – nor an alchemist or miner or angler. if food remains an issue then with your next mercenary make them an angler – followed by miner – you can eat raw meat with no real issues – a guy might get sick – so what – heal them. buy your heal potions and buy repairs if needed but your assigned tinkerer will make you 2 repairs daily.
It’s really not a bad thing at all to make a miner right off, grab the mines quick then change their profession, having prisoners mine till a dedicated miner is recruited. It’s not like they are locked in to a profession.
A few tips for helping with people getting sick or whatever from eating raw food, have a few fruit on hand, or some a brandy or something. Sometimes they can drink it away, or eat some fruit and it will pass. This is cheaper than using healing potions.