Before you Play the Ori and the Will of the Wisps game, you will definitely want to know these simple but useful tips and tricks. If you have any tips feel free to share with us!
Things to Know Before Playing
- You can warp to any unlocked warp points from anywhere, provided you are standing on solid ground & safe from action. Just open the map and warp from there.
- You can load an earlier checkpoint save when loading your savegame - useful when you're stuck somewhere, or made a bad purchase.
- Disable Bounty shard when fighting a boss or doing a Combat Shrine.
- 2 very helpful buyable skills are Triple Jump & Water Breathing.
- You can Bash off some enemies & projectiles.
- You start the game with Wall Jump already unlocked.
- Some hidden areas are accessed by either breaking a wall, or just walking through them. Both have telltalle signs.
- You'll unlock Lupo's markings for free through a quest later - no need to pay ~10k.
- Some chase sequences are very hard to complete using mouse & keyboard - you may need to temporarily change to keyboard only for them: WASD -> arrow keys & Bash = F by default.
- You can swing the Hammer at the apex of your jumps to get slightly higher than you're supposed to.
- You can tip over boiling pot using Gust.
- You can hide behind canvas.
- Projectiles go the opposite direction of your bash arrow and open the walls with purple cracks and I wasted hours trying to figure out where to go next because I missed this detail when first acquiring the ability.