Head to: steamappscommonCookie Clickerresourcesapp
The exact path depends on where you have installed the game, you can quickly get to the Cookie Clicker folder by right clicking the game in your steam library and selecting “Browse local files”.
Open with any text editor. (Right click > Open With > Select your preferred program)
Notepad++ is a good choice, but normal Windows notepad should also work just fine.
With the file now open, go to line 11 and change the ZERO after “DEV=” with a ONE
Save your modified file, then relaunch Cookie Clicker.
You should see a new line at the top of the screen and a console to the left.
You are now ready to cheat debug freely! See below for some example commands and a link to find more.
This disables steam achievements until you disable developer mode.
This restriction can be bypassed by modifying line 327 (near the bottom) from:
- if (DEV) win.webContents.openDevTools();
Ensure that the DEV number at the top is set back to 0 when doing this as it will no longer be required to access the dev tools and console.
Cookie Clicker includes a lot of commands built into the console for cheating, here are some of the noteworthy ones.
<AMT> refers to a value to be entered; “Game.cookies = <AMT>” would be used like “Game.cookies = 100000” for example.
- Game.RuinTheFun(); <== Unlocks EVERYTHING. Not advised unless you’re a fan of being overwhelmed with game mechanics.
- Game.OpenSesame(); <== Displays the built in cheat menu. I’d recommend using this over other debug commands.
- Game.cookies = <AMT> <== Change the amount of cookies you currently have.
- Game.lumps = <AMT> <== Change sugar lump amount.