This guide learns how to make a good base, get good weapons and learn everything you need to know about Survivalist: Invisible Strain.
Guide for Newbies
Survivalist Invisible strain has lots of places to explore and people to meet however there's a lot of danger around.
Starting Out (For Sandbox)
When you start out you can pick some stuff to start off with however there's no easy answer for what you should pick.
- If it is winter pick clothing with lots of insulation and some sunglasses are always useful for seeing a little bit more far away.
- If it is anything else then i would just get a mid build of clothing to prevent your self from over heating.
- I think you can get a backpack however they are kind of easy to find so it is not the smartest choice to get one.
- When i started out i picked a Hunting knife as they are very useful (not as a weapon they are bad).
- As you can skin rabbits, corpses, start fires if you have flint and maybe more stuff.
- A bow can be a decent weapon as arrows you can collect back once you have shot the enemy.
Starting in the World
The world can be quite big with a few community's and towns that zombies hang around.
The first thing you should know is stealth is key and you should only fight at a max 3 zombies at a time to be safe.
If you run into town with a mob of zombies after you don't expect to last long...
Once you are ready to loot a town try to get the attention of a max of 2 zombies and kill them and then just repeat until the town is clear.
Now what you should do is loot and get the items on the list.
- A Decent weapon (a spiked bat is good, a machete is great and a katana is the best you can get). Try to avoid firearms like pistols, Rifles est until your firearm skill is decent (maybe around 3 stars so you can do head shots) however it wont hurt to have a pistol with you just in case a looter comes your way.
- An Backpack (As big as you can get) is extremely useful as you can carry more.
- Water (As you can only survive 2 days without it) is very vital to have.
- Bottles with water are ok but you should find a well (one that is not owned by looters) or a river (In winter they are often frozen so you can get water from them).
- Also heard that if you made a fire that you could melt snow however i personally dont know where you can get snow so sorry.
- Food isint needed as much but its great to have.
- Skill books are very good to have to boost your skills (ones you don't need yet should be stored away (ones you should store away until you have a base is the farming, D.I.Y, and the ones that should be stored until you have the appopriate equipment like a bow est are the firearms book and the bow book)).
- A toolbox will be very useful for making a base (Again store it away if you don't need it).
Once you have got everything you need you should try to make a base or at least somewhere to sleep.
After you got all of your stuff you should set up a base where you can at least sleep.
Before i go over what types of bases you can make first i am going to go over what a good base and what you should and should not have.
Do not use wood fences or gates
I can not stress that enough, wood may protect you from zombies and easy to get and very common but when some looters come they will throw a Molotov cocktail and the walls will just come down letting the zombies and looters in.
What you should use for walls is chicken wire It is fire resistant but people can shoot through it and it can be hard to find however most bandits at the start of the game a melee so it should'int be too much of a problem if you can find it and also it can be turned into gates.
Concrete is one of the best things you can use as its fire resistant and people cant shoot through it however its also hard to find and crafting it is very hard as you need a kiln to make concrete (Making the kilt and the concrete needs a 5 star Construction skill so beware.
All you need to make concrete once you got a good skill and the kiln is wood and stone (and some water i think).
It takes a while but its worth it.
The only problems it that it cant be turned into gates and once you need to make it there's only so much stone in the world so you will keep going far away and its also heavy.
Make more than 1 gate
When looters or zombies come to your base when you really need something like food down at a town away from my base it can be very bad.
If they are the wandering packs or zombies or a gang of raiders you can spot on a wind up radio then they will despawn eventually however if they are just some of the locals that don't despawn and you dont have a firearm or a bow then you might need to let them in your base to deal with them.
That can be risky however if you had a back gate to your base you could send the strongest there to solve the problem.
Get as much room as you can get
It might seem obvious but you will really need the room for the buildings, work spaces and also farmland to grow crops during most times other than winter and early spring.
Don't demolish chicken wire or concrete
I don't know if you know but you won't always get the stuff you use to build back.
There's a limit on everything on the map right now and until everything is replenishable its best to plan first.