Do you wish to learn how to get started, grow, and do so without failing?
Your First Few Days
There is a trick to starting in Colony Survival and especially if you play on 24/7 mode and/or 2x zombies mode.
No zombies will attack you before you have a banner and a colonist. SO FARM, farm some materials, build a base/house.
Build something fairly defendable before you start populating your colony.
- Once we have a defendable base in order place down 2x 10*10 wheat fields.
- When the wheat is ready for harvesting place an owen and recruit a baker.
- once you reach 250 food again (good secure number) go ahead and recruit a guad by maker and placing a quiver if you are playing on a harder mode, if not then you can decide if you want one or if you want to start mining.
- From here on out you'll be fine testing around, if you want more info simply watch the video tutorial I made above.
Tips and Tricks
- I usually build my second Owen (Baker) when I have 8x Wheat fields (otherwise they just stand there half the time and do nothing but waste food).
- You get more wheat seeds from harvesting wheat or digging up grass.
- If the location is secure from monsters, place a workers bed next to their job.
- When placing things like workbench, owen, furnace, shop etc: Place a crate 2 blocks away from it. This way the worker can stand in between and literally just turn around to reach the crate.
- Don't place guards high up in the air, place them so they can shoot the most monsters (stop with the high guard towers).
Hardmode tips (monsters during day and double monsters):
- This is the order I get workers: Wheat, Wheat, Baker, Bowman, Smelter, Crafter, Wheat, Miner (Iron). That way you get your food up and running quickly, then you place a guard and start working to get automatic arrow production.
- I then recommend that you keep building food so you are always 100% sure that you have enough food to sustain your guards.
How to Get Started Video Guide
Written by Fred / Znits.