FPS Boost for Rust the Game
Let's Get Started!
Steam shortcut command: -no-browser + open steam://open/minigameslist
This will prevent Steamwebhelper processes to start.
- Right click Rust in your Steam Library.
- Open "Properties".
- Copy the screenshot.
Rust Launch Options
-rate 144 -high -maxMem=16384 -malloc=system -force-feature-level-11-0 -cpuCount=8 -exThreads=8 -force-d3d11-no-singlethreaded -window-mode exclusive -nolog -nopopupwindow
Change "rate" to your monitors refresh rate (Hz).
Change "maxMem" to your system RAM:
- 4GB RAM = 4096
- 8GB RAM = 8192
- 16GB RAM = 16384
Change "cpuCount" to the number of CPU Cores you have.
Change "exThreads" to the number of Logical processors you have.
- Find this by going to Task manager > Performance > CPU (look bottom right for "Cores = "cpuCount"/"Logical processors = "exThreads").
- Go to "Local Files" in the upper tab then click "Browse Local Files".
- For both "Rust.exe" and "RustClient.exe" right click go to "Properties".
- Press the "Compatibility" in the upper tab and copy these settings.
Click "Change high DPI settings" and copy these settings.
- Go back to "Browse Local Files".
- Open the "cfg" folder and right click "client.cfg" go to "Properties" and uncheck "Read-only".
This is so you're able to edit the game config without it reverting back.
- Now that you're able to edit the "client.cfg", open it with notepad and copy + paste the settings from the Google Doc link.
After saving the settings you can go back and right click "client.cfg" go to "Properties" and check "Read-only".
This makes it so the game can't revert your settings back.