More Nioh 2 Guides:
- How to Activate Yokai Shift.
- How to Beat Enenra (Boss Guide).
- How to Beat Yatsu-no-Kami (Boss Guide).
- All Scampuss Locations.
- All Kodama Locations.
- All Sudama Locations.
- Soul Cores Guide.
- Blacksmith FAQ.
- Combat Guide.
Temper is one of the Blacksmith options in Nioh 2. Temper allows player to modify the Special Effects of equipment by using Umbracite. You can select a new effect from a random pool depending on the quality of Umbracite.
Special Effects are bonuses provided by equipment. There are three types of Special Effects:
- Fixed: These Special Effects can't be swapped or exchanged.
- Transferable: These Special Effects can be transferred to another piece of equipment using the Soul Match function on the Blacksmith.
- Free: Free Special Effects don't have an icon before them. They can be freely swapped by using the Temper function on the Blacksmith.
Umbracite is a Smithing Material used in Tempering. Umbracite is used to swap a Free Special Effect. There are different qualities of Umbracite, with higher qualities providing better effects. Umbracite can be acquired by disassembling materials.
Temper in Nioh 2
Talk to the Blacksmith and select the Temper option. Select the piece of equipment that you want to temper and then press the X button. A menu will open showing you the equipment and special effects. You can move to a free special effect to see available swap options. Select the desired Special Effect and press X to exchange it.
- You can swap Free Special Effects as many times as you like as long as you have the required Gold and Umbracite.
- The Special Effects pool will change each time you swap a Special Effect.
Selecting the Special Effect
The windows on your left displays the current selected Weapon and its special effects. You can use the D-Pad to move the desired Special Effect.
Note: Remember that by using Temper you can only swap Free Special Effects.
Available Special Effects for Swap
Once you move to a free Special Effect the menu on your right will display available Special Effects that you can equip. The effects that you can apply depend on the quality of the Umbracite.
Note: The Special Effects pool will change each time you swap a free Special Effect.
Umbracite and Gold cost
The menu on the botton right displays the amount of Umbracite and Gold required to perform the selected swap.