This guide will showcase all the new content for the new update that released today!
Updates Content Guide
I. New Content and Changes
- Added Don’t Starve inspired seed
- Play with Don’t Starve-inspired shaders and lighting
- Complete darkness is now dangerous to your health.
- Exposed torches and campfires may not be reliable, as rain can put them out!
- Players will need to eat or face hunger and eventual starvation
- A few Don’t Starve inspired worldgen features, such as Surface Marble and Aboveground Spider Biomes
- Has substantially improved drop rates and availablility of Don’t Starve related items
- Added the Deerclops, a mid-late pre-Hardmode boss hailing from the world of Don’t Starve
- A variation on the Deerclops’ boss theme, provided by Klei Entertainment!
- A few rare background clouds featuring characters from Don’t Starve can now appear
- Added several new Don’t Starve related emotes
- Main menu now has some links to some assorted Terraria-related websites
- Worlds using special seeds now have unique icons in the World Select menu to better tell them apart
- Added a config option for an older version of Smart Cursor Hold, labeled in the config file as “SmartCursorHoldCanReleaseMidUse”. Changing this setting to true will make it so that Smart Cursor: Hold will immediately deactivate when releasing the hold button, even if the player is mining.
- Several new Pets from the Don’t Starve universe
- A collection of Don’t Starve weapons and equipment, adapted to the world of Terraria!
- Wilson and Willow Vanity Outfits
- Several vanity hats and accessories
- Two food items, the Froggle Bunwich and Monster Lasagna
- The full array of standard boss related items from Deerclops
- 4 Don’t Starve themed paintings
III. Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Crimson Grass Walls spread slower than Corruption
- Fixed a (previously undetectable issue) where enemies with a higher NPC ID than Golden Slimes would have Golden Slime bonus money drops
- Fixed a rare worldgen softlock, where the game gets stuck trying to generate Hellforges
- Fixed an issue with part of Leather Whip’s segments being cut off
- Fixed an issue with Ice Bow being flagged as a channeling weapon when it isn’t
- Fixed an issue with Flying Knife not having proper screen range limits
- Fixed Princess not having the same “leaving” SFX like Angler
- Changed the SFX of a number of some newer Summoning and Magic weapons, so that they are a bit more representative of the attack itself
- Updated, added to, and pruned dozens of entries from an inaccurate and outdated list of homing projectiles that the Lunatic Cultist has damage resistance against
- Fixed a rare bug with some minions that could make them despawn
- Fixed some issues with certain sentry minions which could result in desync for players joining after they had been summoned
- Fixed an issue where Celestial Starboard did not draw/make dust properly in reverse gravity
- Fixed an issue with some Rocket projectiles, resulting in a number of silent and not so silent crashes
- Fixed a subtle issue where certain items were a different color in the hotbar than they were in the inventory
- Fixed a bug where Boulders and Rolling Cacti qualified as Ranged items eligible of dealing Frostburn if you wore the Frost Armor
- Fixed an issue where Smooth Marble Blocks didn’t merge with dirt, ash, or frozen slime blocks (despite merging with most other blocks)
- Fixed an issue where some of the newer campfires didn’t have Smart Cursor outlines
- Fixed an issue preventing Honey Pit microbiomes from spawning in the Jungle
- Fixed a bug where Thorns-effects hit Empress of Light at an extremely rapid rate
- Fixed an issue where light Dynasty Walls showed an inacurate teal map color
- Fixed an issue where some config settings are reset every time an update or hotfix occurs. Note: resolution in fullscreen resetting has not been fixed yet.
The New Seed / Gamemode
Using the new secret world seed theconstant will generate a cross-over world. The world has a constant shader which significantly darkens the world. This effect can also be seen when generating the world.
Not only will it be full dark on the surface during normal nights. When the player enters completely dark areas, the status message “It is very dark…you feel in danger…” will be displayed, and after 3 seconds, Charlie will start attacking, dealing a fixed 50 damage to the player per second. When the player exits completely dark areas, the status message “The danger of the dark has passed.” will be displayed.
But be aware! The player has a hunger system (only within this seed), which goes down over time and can be increased by eating food items. When the player becomes Hungry, the players health lowers and you take damage.
WilsonShirt: 244 WilsonPants: 231 GarlandHat: 273
WillowShirt: 245 WillowSkirtMale: 232 WillowSkirtFemale: 233
- Rare_DontStarveWilson: 37
- Rare_DontStarveWillow: 38
- Rare_DontStarveMaxwell: 39
- Rare_DontStarveCharlie: 40
AbigailCounter: 970 (N/A)
Pets / Minions
BerniePet: 956 (Pet)
GlommerPet: 957 (Pet)
DeerclopsPet: 958 (Pet)
PigPet: 959 (Pet)
ChesterPet: 960 (Pet)
AbigailMinion: 963 (Minion)