More Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guides:
- Operation Headhunter Guide (Special Ops).
- Operation Crosswind Guide (Special Ops).
- Operation Kuvalda Guide (Special Ops).
- How to Customize Operators.
- How to Use Attachments.
- How to Create a Class.
- Easter Egg Guide.
- Vehicle Guide.
Throughout your multiplayer journey in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you'll be earning lots of XP for getting kills, completing objectives, and Challenges. But if you want to maximize the amount of XP you get, you'll want to acquire a 2XP Token. But how do you get your hands on these items? This guide will show you how to get, activate, use and equip 2XP Tokens in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
How to Get 2XP Tokens
There are two ways to gain 2XP Tokens in Modern Warfare. The first way is to complete objectives and Challenges that will reward you with 2XP Tokens upon completion. These Challenges will be updated and added throughout the game's life cycle.
The other way is to buy specially-marked products from various retailers. These will contain 2XP codes for you to use in-game. These include products like Doritos, Mountain Dew, and Game Fuel. Check your retailer for details.
To activate a 2XP Token, enter a pregame lobby from the Multiplayer menu. Then press the left stick on your controller to open the 2XP sidebar. Highlight it and select the 2XP tile to activate.
You can also see a countdown timer on the right hand side of the Multiplayer pregame lobby. It's also recommended to only use a 2XP Token if your play session will last for the duration of that token. The timer will count down even if you aren't in-game.
There is no limit to how many 2XP Tokens you can use at a time.
How to Use 2XP Tokens
- To use a 2XP Token, head into a pregame lobby of any multiplayer match.
- Once there, press L3 on PS4 or LS on Xbox One.
- This will bring up a menu that should display all available tokens.
- Find the token you want to use — in this case a 2XP token — and press Select to activate it.
- With this token activated, you'll earn experience in Multiplayer twice as fast.
How to Equip 2XP Token
- If you have a 2XP Token, you might think you need to equip them to use them but in Modern Warfare, you don't equip these — you activate them.
- To activate them, press L3 on PS4 or LS on Xbox One in a pregame lobby of a multiplayer match to bring up your available tokens.
- Select a 2XP Token and press Select to activate it and you're all set.
How Long You Have With Each 2XP Token
The length of time for each 2XP Token varies from token to token but after activating one, when you're in a pregame lobby of a multiplayer match, check the bottom righthand corner of the screen to see a timer that lets you know how much longer you have until your token expires.
After you activate a token, the time on it will run both in multiplayer matches and in multiplayer menus until it expires so don't waste your time in menus when you have a token equipped.
How Many 2XP Tokens You Can Use
- There is no limit to the 2XP Tokens you can use in Modern Warfare although in some instances, there is a limit to how many hours of the game you can play with one of these tokens activated.
- There is no limit to how long you can play the game with these tokens activated so long as you're using tokens earned in game — tokens earned through special promotions can only be used for a total of 40 hours.