More Terraria Guides:
- Beginners Guide (Journey's End / Update 1.4).
- How to Access The Easter Egg Two Evils World.
- How to Get Platinum Coins Very Easily.
- How to Obtain the Moon Lords Legs.
- Game Doesn't Launch Fix.
- Mod Recommendations.
- How to Obtain Zenith.
This is the perfect setup for building NPC houses on your world.
Guide to Perfect Setup for Building Npc Houses
Journey Has Begun
- Try to not make rooms too close, at least 25 tiles away from each other. I personally prefer to just find two large trees in the forest to start building my base. One room (main) is located in bigger crown of tree. I place there Nurse and Arms Dealer for fast heal due to my respawn. Second room is placed in second crown. Third room is placed between two trees.
- One room - Guide + Merchant.
- Second room - Nurse + Arms Dealer.
- Third room - Zoologist + Golfer.
- Nurse is here because you can fast magic mirror to heal yourself (pylon doesn't work when boss is alive).
- While playing as Ranged you can buy musket balls without teleporting anywhere.
- Golfer and Zoologist are NPC that any class can use (to check progress or to just play another game of gold).
- Same goes to Guide and Merchant
All mentioned NPC above will have best prices and all will be happy (due to living in Forest, also they like they neighbor).
- Demolotionist + Tavern Keep
- Usually when I go for building house for these two, I visit them rarely (just for bombs to mine, or grenades at the very start of the game).
- You can use pylon in underground to fast teleport to your gem-tree farm.
Underground near Mushroom Biome
- Clothier + Truffle
- You won't use these NPC frequently, only at the start of hardmode while playing ranged.
- Both NPC love each other, and you get free Pylon to TP to (that's why you don't need to place this building near Demolotionist.
- First floor: Witch Doctor + Dryad.
- Second floor: Painter.
- Witch Doctor sells Pygmy Necklace.
- All NPC have good prices, and they're themed after a biome they came from.
- Party girl + Wizard
- They like each other, and they like Hallow.
- You get free Pylon to Hallow biome.
- First floor: Pirate + Angler
- Second floor: Stylist
- For best price you can get yourself cannonballs to protect your main base from for example Solar Eclipse.
- You get pylon to teleport to Ocean.
- First floor: Steampunker + Cyborg.
- Second floor: Dye Trader.
- Best prices.
- You get pylon to teleport to Desert.
- First floor: Mechanic + Goblin Tinkerer.
- Second floor: Tax Collector.
- Best prices.
- You get pylon to Snow biome.
- You get best prices from Goblin Tinkerer (reforging is costly).
To sum up: it's the most effective way of building and placing your NPC's around terraria world. You get pylons, all are happy (always price 90% or less), also all NPC sells their best stuff possible because they like biome they're in. You get fast heal on magic mirror and fast refill of ammo.