More Stoneshard Guides:
- Adventurer Guide.
- Basic Survival Guide.
- 100% Achievement Guide (Prologue).
- How to Own the Boss of the Prologue (Useful Hints).
- Guide to Mace Tank (Attributes, Traits, Skills, Rotation and Gear).
- Dagger Rogue Build (Class / Skill).
- Guide to Hunting and Cooking.
- Guide to Fresh Start Saves.
- How to Skip Prologue.
- How to Fill Waterskin.
- Starting Guide.
This is a guide detailing all I discover while playing Stoneshard, should be a great read for a beginner player but will, hopefully, contain valuable tips for experienced travelers as well.
So you've just cleared the prologue dungeon and you're ready for adventure uh? Here's a bunch of things you should know:
- You can only save the game in INNs, so plan your exploration trips accordingly
- Sometimes there are multiple ways to interact with objects, don't forget to right click to see the options!
- Replenish food and water whenever you can, to refill your water supply right click on on any source of water and you'll get both a drink and a refill option.
- Remember that you can heal by resting, right click on yourself and select rest!
- Keep a look at your HP bar, if you can't heal all your HP back because the bar looks capped before the max level you have one or more body parts that need to be treated with balms, leeches or other healing items
- Look at your map! You should have a map in the inventory, I missed it my first time around and spent more time I'm comfortable admitting roaming around getting ganked by bears and wolves. The map doesn't tell you where you are, use roads and other unique places to figure out where you are if you get lost.
- Always travel diagonally in the overworld. The map is divided in squares, so by traveling diagonally you travel x1.7 times faster than going in a straight line (it's math!) by going at the corner of a screen you can easily travel to the next diagonal screen by going left/right one screen then immediately up/down the other screen.
- Where's the damn elder? He's on the first floor of the barrack, the biggest building in the village, the ones with guards on the ground floor. Talk with him and take both jobs, you can switch the active quest in the quest menu.
- Stay away from bears at the beginning (level 1-2), they're OP.
- Don't forget to visit the herbalist in the village and buy splints, bandages and balms, you'll need them!