More Death Stranding Guides:
- Tips and Tricks for Surviving.
- How to Unlock Weapons and Equipment.
- How to Repair, Charge and Use Reverse Trikes and Trucks.
- How to Get Your First Trike and Unlock the Fabrication Plans.
- How to Refill Canteen with Monster Energy Drink.
- How to Enter South Knot City With Nuke.
- How to Create, Equip and Use Grenades.
- How to Build Structures with the PCC.
- How to Stop Timefall Rain and Snow.
- How to Check the Weather.
- How to Kill or Avoid BTs.
- Floating Carrier Guide.
- How to Fast Travel.
- More Guides!
How to Make Holograms Other Players Can See
To make a hologram in Death Stranding you'll need to have a PCC (Lv. 1 is fine) to create a structure, and at least one unlocked hologram from pleasing a prepper. You can also add music to your structures, provided you've unlocked music tracks as well.
You may have seen holograms including the dinosaurs from Horizon: Zero Dawn (you get those from The Craftsman in Chapter 3) but other preppers will give you holograms of themselves and other objects.
Steps to Create a Hologram
- Fabricate a PCC at a terminal in a prepper dwelling or Bridges location.
- Press RIGHT on the D-Pad and select your PCC, the game will tell you if you are in a suitable area to lay down your structure. You must be a small distance away from another structure or inhabited building, for example.
- Press LEFT TRIGGER to aim, and RIGHT TRIGGER to build the structure.
- Once the structure is built, approach it and enter the structure menu by holding OPTIONS.
- Here you'll see a menu that allows you to upgrade the structure. When you upgrade the structure, you'll need to contribute materials. Metal and Ceramics can be claimed from prepper dwellings or Bridges locations. Chiral Crystals are left by dead BTs and also found on the ground.
- Once the structure is upgraded, you can now add a hologram. In the structure menu, choose Customize to make your selections.